• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

702 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, D2 said:

C091C0E9-88C9-4452-B2AD-4168E3B5FA4F.jpeg

1620FE11-A421-4DA6-98F4-5FFFA6E41FCF.jpeg

Lol glad there was plenty of room on those covers for sigs, but the finish looks great! And the grade to boot!

Have those rae? Or were they 9.8 cracked and redubbed? Either way wow!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol glad there was plenty of room on those covers for dogs, but the finish looks great! And the grade to boot!

Have those rae? Or were they 9.8 cracked and redubbed? Either way wow!

no crack and resub on these. Sent in with a stack and these are the few gems of the lot. 

15 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I love this cover.  And it’s a newsstand too.  Congratulations.

Yes thank you! I have #338 coming soon too, this arrived first, I have #337 too although it's only 9.6; still a tight little run I'll be proud of :)

On 12/5/2020 at 10:10 PM, Morganmi said:

Nice pick up! I think that might be bronze age though.

Once upon a time some folks considered 1980 to be the start of copper (I honestly think if you look at an OPG from the 90s it says that), basically saying copper was the 80s.. now it has been pushed to 84/85 ... to a cynical elderly person like myself this was a dealer inspired move to allow more books to be called "bronze" ... It seems to me events in 1980 ushered in a new era more than 84/85, which had some big stuff, sure. in 1980 you had NTT #1, which was yuuuge, dark phoenix, also yuuuge, the direct market maybe equaling the newsstand market, etc. also, untold legends of batman was the first mini series described as a "mini" (krypton was the first real one in 1979, but i don't think it used that word). 1980 also followed 1979, in which marvel had its own implosion of cancellations, much like DC's in 1978. 1981 had some big events, like miller taking over writing daredevil, byrne taking over FF, the end of the byrne x-men run, etc. that really changed the feel of comics.  it seems absurd to think of 1982/83 premium format books like Camelot 3000, Ronin, Omega Men, Dreadstar, etc. to be bronze age, or a mini like contest of champions or ASM 238.. which ushered in Spidey's main copper nemesis.   I know, this has been debated ad nauseum here before.

6 hours ago, the blob said:

Once upon a time some folks considered 1980 to be the start of copper (I honestly think if you look at an OPG from the 90s it says that), basically saying copper was the 80s.. now it has been pushed to 84/85 ... to a cynical elderly person like myself this was a dealer inspired move to allow more books to be called "bronze" ... It seems to me events in 1980 ushered in a new era more than 84/85, which had some big stuff, sure. in 1980 you had NTT #1, which was yuuuge, dark phoenix, also yuuuge, the direct market maybe equaling the newsstand market, etc. also, untold legends of batman was the first mini series described as a "mini" (krypton was the first real one in 1979, but i don't think it used that word). 1980 also followed 1979, in which marvel had its own implosion of cancellations, much like DC's in 1978. 1981 had some big events, like miller taking over writing daredevil, byrne taking over FF, the end of the byrne x-men run, etc. that really changed the feel of comics.  it seems absurd to think of 1982/83 premium format books like Camelot 3000, Ronin, Omega Men, Dreadstar, etc. to be bronze age, or a mini like contest of champions or ASM 238.. which ushered in Spidey's main copper nemesis.   I know, this has been debated ad nauseum here before.

Yea the copper/ bronze  start and end date has always been blurry. Back in the 80's when I was collecting the copper start line wasn't even around yet as they were modern then and bronze was barely a thing. I always thought that anything  .15 to .40 could be considered bronze range but I guess it does get blurry around the edges of .15 and .40. Anything above .40 I still consider copper. Probably time to name a Tin age or something instead of expanding the range of copper and bronze like what seems to be happening lately. :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, Morganmi said:

Yea the copper/ bronze  start and end date has always been blurry. Back in the 80's when I was collecting the copper start line wasn't even around yet as they were modern then and bronze was barely a thing. I always thought that anything  .15 to .40 could be considered bronze range but I guess it does get blurry around the edges of .15 and .40. Anything above .40 I still consider copper. Probably time to name a Tin age or something instead of expanding the range of copper and bronze like what seems to be happening lately. :bigsmile:

If anything, if you are going to look at it from marketing, copper maybe makes sense to start in 78 or 79, when the direct market really started to kick in.

Picked up the last 5 days.

Sorry, couple were posted elsewhere.

Think SW 49 has any potential to rebound?  

Any others in the MK series that are worth picking up beyond 14, 15 and 25?  

Patrick

20210201_185706.jpg

20210203_205744.jpg

20210203_205834.jpg

20210201_185459.jpg

20210201_185537.jpg

20210201_185615.jpg

20210203_205702.jpg

20210203_205723.jpg