• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] *CLOSING TONITE @ 10 PM EST!!! DISCOUNTS NOW UP TO 50%! - SEE RECAP! P. 11* Silver & Bronze Sales Thread - Hopefully Some Pearls! :)
1 1

220 posts in this topic

Hey all - I don’t normally do a big sales thread this time of year, but this one has a specific purpose.  Our son is a senior in college, and I’ve always had this plan that when he graduates I want to buy my wife a real pearl necklace as a “hey, great job raising the kid” present...  so that’s what I mean in the title by “hopefully some pearls.” :D 

While I start to research pearls (I know nothing... so if anyone is an expert, please feel free to share via PM!) I figure it’s time to get the funds together, so that’s what this thread is for.  So it’ll be a pretty big thread of 99% Marvel and DC Silver and Bronze Age books.  A real mix. No major keys, but hopefully some interesting stuff for everyone!

The rules:

PAYMENT: Paypal only, please

RETURNS: Within a week of purchase

SHIPPING: At cost, via the method of your choosing. Domestic or international.

Always willing to listen to offers via PM, but :takeit: in the thread will always take the book.  So please be mindful of that.

Thanks!
Frank

Edited by fmaz

The only thing I know about pearls is that you shouldn't buy them from big chain stores. They often (or maybe always) use pearls that are harvested too early for them to fully harden, so they are much more likely to break. Also, just about all pearls you can readily buy in stores are farm grown not wild. Wild ones are uber expensive. The reason pearls are so uniform looking is because they are farm grown and matched together by size/lustrousness. And its totally fine. Just some people don't realize 99.9% of pearls on the market are farm grown.

That's about it. That's all I know. Good luck!