• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just noticed this mark on almost all of my BA comics
1 1

38 posts in this topic

While scanning some books I began to notice this mark on a huge portion of my BA comics, mainly 20 or 25 cent books, only Marvel. All in relatively the same location, upper left-hand corner. Every mark is pretty much identical. 

Any idea what it’s from specifically. Some type of printing mark but I’m curious if anyone knows what causes it or if anyone else has noticed it before on their books.

I put more effort into setting up these pics then any answer could possibly be worth but I didn’t have anything else better to do ha.

Also while we’re at it can/does anyone want to name all eight books. Most should be pretty easy.

First picture gives the clearest look at the mark.

Second picture I’ve circled the mark for each of the eight books. 

Last picture is just for guessing the books if anyone wants to try.

Hopefully you’re able to see what I’m talking about. 

0CADD445-D87A-4E3C-A2EE-BEB0934FDA74.jpeg

4F9960D2-5B75-4E6F-B2E4-6A523342072D.jpeg

23675D32-7ACC-46C0-B5DC-5CBFB91C1F04.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Monstro said:

While scanning some books I began to notice this mark on a huge portion of my BA comics, mainly 20 or 25 cent books, only Marvel. All in relatively the same location, upper left-hand corner. Every mark is pretty much identical. 

Any idea what it’s from specifically. Some type of printing mark but I’m curious if anyone knows what causes it or if anyone else has noticed it before on their books.

I put more effort into setting up these pics then any answer could possibly be worth but I didn’t have anything else better to do ha.

Also while we’re at it can/does anyone want to name all eight books. Most should be pretty easy.

First picture gives the clearest look at the mark.

Second picture I’ve circled the mark for each of the eight books. 

Last picture is just for guessing the books if anyone wants to try.

Hopefully you’re able to see what I’m talking about. 

0CADD445-D87A-4E3C-A2EE-BEB0934FDA74.jpeg

23675D32-7ACC-46C0-B5DC-5CBFB91C1F04.jpeg

Incredible

10 minutes ago, Monstro said:

Lol. Which part? That I went to so much trouble for such an insignificant query? 

I dont think it's insignificant-this may become some known thing like marvel chipping-and you were the firstt to notice it.  

I was being serious. If it’s actually on the book, it’s probably because there was something on the glass of the camera when they shot the black and white OA line art and didn’t notice it to opaque it out on the negs.

9 hours ago, Monstro said:

Submariner #47
Marvel Team Up Annual #1

Special Marvel Edition #16

Marvel Tales #35

ASM #113

Ka-Zar #1

Conan #23

Avengers #100

Actually I'm going to double check to make sure it's not just a mark on my scanner. But I don't see this on any of my DC books that I've been scanning at the same time. Going to check though. I'll report back. If that's what it is my face will turn bright red

12 minutes ago, iggy said:

DOCTOR, HELP! I’M SEEING DOTS EVERYWHERE!!!

Did you try cleaning your glasses?

oh.

"It hurts when I do this doc-"

5 hours ago, Monstro said:

Actually I'm going to double check to make sure it's not just a mark on my scanner. But I don't see this on any of my DC books that I've been scanning at the same time. Going to check though. I'll report back. If that's what it is my face will turn bright red

Scan a white piece of paper and see if it has that spot.