• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just noticed this mark on almost all of my BA comics
1 1

38 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Monstro said:

While scanning some books I began to notice this mark on a huge portion of my BA comics, mainly 20 or 25 cent books, only Marvel. All in relatively the same location, upper left-hand corner. Every mark is pretty much identical. 

Any idea what it’s from specifically. Some type of printing mark but I’m curious if anyone knows what causes it or if anyone else has noticed it before on their books.

I put more effort into setting up these pics then any answer could possibly be worth but I didn’t have anything else better to do ha.

Also while we’re at it can/does anyone want to name all eight books. Most should be pretty easy.

First picture gives the clearest look at the mark.

Second picture I’ve circled the mark for each of the eight books. 

Last picture is just for guessing the books if anyone wants to try.

Hopefully you’re able to see what I’m talking about. 

0CADD445-D87A-4E3C-A2EE-BEB0934FDA74.jpeg

4F9960D2-5B75-4E6F-B2E4-6A523342072D.jpeg

23675D32-7ACC-46C0-B5DC-5CBFB91C1F04.jpeg

I think you're ready for that grading position at CGC...

8 minutes ago, Monstro said:

Alright I'm embarrassed to say that you all are correct, it's a mark on my scanner. I'm my defense I cannot remove it. I've tried cleaning solution and just my fingernail and it won't budge, in fact I can't even feel it. I say this because I've wipe/dust it regularly while scanning and still the mark remained which is what led me to believe it was a printing mark. So all and all I'm pretty embarrassed. :blush:

All good, at least now you know!

2 hours ago, Monstro said:

Alright I'm embarrassed to say that you all are correct, it's a mark on my scanner. I'm my defense I cannot remove it. I've tried cleaning solution and just my fingernail and it won't budge, in fact I can't even feel it. I say this because I've wipe/dust it regularly while scanning and still the mark remained which is what led me to believe it was a printing mark. So all and all I'm pretty embarrassed. :blush:

NEWBS!

EA8C1FA2-5775-458B-9C5C-754164AE3A08.jpeg

Edited by iggy

5 hours ago, Monstro said:

try rubbing alcohol.

16 minutes ago, kav said:
5 hours ago, Monstro said:

try rubbing alcohol.

It might be on the inside of the glass.

23 hours ago, Monstro said:

Ah well, c'est la vie...  

On 10/20/2020 at 11:34 PM, Monstro said:

I’m badly OCD, so it would severely irritate me as well.

At least it’s not a Shakespeare-level spot problem, in the end.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:13 PM, kav said:

that would explain it.

If it was inside the glass, it would not transfer to the physical book. I assume Monstro inspected the physical books first.

@Monstro. I've seen miracles using acetone 90% fingernail polish remover on ink, when nothing else works.

Edited by bronze_rules
revise

8 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

If it was inside the glass, it would not transfer to the physical book. I assume Monstro inspected the physical books first.

@Monstro. I've seen miracles using acetone 90% fingernail polish remover on ink, when nothing else works.

I don't think it's transferring to the physical books.

My understanding was that it was was showing up on all of his scans and he assumed it was on the books when it actually wasn't.