• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GIJOE 21 question on multipack
2 2

12 posts in this topic

I picked this up today at a nice price and hope it’s the first print?  I plan on opening it up and grading?  Right thing to do?  Love this issue. 
I think the white Spidey head is first print right?  It has 21-23 in it   Original bag  

A9A6590B-813D-4EBD-A440-10E84C1807FB.jpeg

Edited by Gruson

9 hours ago, Gruson said:

I picked this up today at a nice price and hope it’s the first print?  I plan on opening it up and grading?  Right thing to do?  Love this issue. 
I think the white Spidey head is first print right?  It has 21-23 in it   Original bag  

A9A6590B-813D-4EBD-A440-10E84C1807FB.jpeg

It is a first print. 

2 hours ago, Gruson said:

Thanks I thought so. Does anyone collect them in sealed bag still or best to open and get graded?  Curious. 

There are definitely collectors of multi-packs! :headbang:    So you might want to compare the potential value of a sealed 3-pack vs the value of a slabbed GI Joe #21 if you are trying to make a choice to maximize value.  In my case, I'd simply opt to keep the multi-pack sealed, it's much rarer that way than a slabbed copy of #21, but I don't know about the relative value of those options.

Can you show the top of the bag? I'm thinking this is an aftermarket bagged set. Aftermarket bagged sets are not as valuable as original ones, so you might be better opening it. 

Edited by shadroch

Here you go. Looks like original to me. Just curious if people look for sealed ones like this or if I should open and send to grade.  Always loved this issue and glad to finally own it.  I remember seeing these three packs as a kid too.

CD922A39-85C7-41FD-B9B8-69AD478CD23D.jpeg

Edited by Gruson

19 hours ago, Gruson said:

Here you go. Looks like original to me. Just curious if people look for sealed ones like this or if I should open and send to grade.  Always loved this issue and glad to finally own it.  I remember seeing these three packs as a kid too.

Yes, looks legit to me.   Can you also post the other side so I can snag your pics for my multi-pack library?  I thought I had seen this one before, but I don't have images of it so I'd like to see both sides.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:54 PM, Gruson said:

I’ll probably keep it sealed too. I’ve been doing some research and looks like there are very few out there.  
Now I need a good way to protect it.  

:applause:  Pretty sure you're making the right decision!   Thanks for the front and back pics!

Those type of bags were available empty to comic shops as a way to package excess stock, as opposed to the Whitman bags where the books weren't first available elsewhere.

They are nice and very collectible but the condition of the books can vary.