• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage pulp auctions
8 8

233 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2024 at 8:57 AM, manetteska said:

I second all of this.

I picked up a pulp at Windy City that was interesting and put it back in the box. I came back the next morning (basically only a few hours of "show time" since I put it down) and it was gone.

Same exact thing happened last year at Windy City; I didn't learn my lesson. :facepalm:

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago at the LA Paperback show. Even worse, I saw the guy buying it. I was that close…

On 4/9/2024 at 1:45 AM, Surfing Alien said:
On 4/9/2024 at 1:16 AM, OtherEric said:

Didn't Pukey Beaters open for the Dead Kennedys back in the day?

lol

Would be a great name for a Boardie Band (thumbsu

My band's name would be Low Grade Drek.

On 4/8/2024 at 8:18 PM, tth2 said:

Trying to think of others, it might be worth doing a thread in comics general for fun.

Bug Chew- Punk

Subscription Crease- New Wave

Dust Shadow- Emo

Church Collection- Gospel

Cream- I think somebody already took that one...

On 4/9/2024 at 11:57 AM, OtherEric said:
On 4/9/2024 at 11:18 AM, tth2 said:

Trying to think of others, it might be worth doing a thread in comics general for fun.

Bug Chew- Punk

Dust Shadow- Emo

Brittle Pages

On 4/8/2024 at 11:57 PM, OtherEric said:

Bug Chew- Punk

Dust Shadow- Emo

Spine Stress - Heavy Metal

Deep Purple Label

On 4/8/2024 at 11:22 AM, Robot Man said:

Pulps have not had the benefit of a Gerber Photo Journal book. Thusly, most are undiscovered. I see ones every day I never knew existed. Pulps have breathed a lot of new life in my collecting endeavors.

I have known for years that they are much more rare than comics. Very few people had the forsight to amass large collections in high grades. Comics have many pedigrees, pulps as of now, do not.

In knowing all of this, I have always known that the time to buy one you like is when you see it. Might never again get the chance. There are so many cool ones in all genres. But, they will always be second fiddle to comics for me. 

Agreed! I’m new to it and love discovering some amazing covers and interior artwork. Honestly some of the very common ones like famous fantastic have great covers and interior art. I had purchased a few years ago as the cover art appealed to me. But have picked up many more recently. In many cases they’re so much more affordable then golden age comics.

I think we have a few "pulp sales" talk threads going, but I'm just gonna use the most recent one with convo.  Nothing too crazy this Sunday night, but this one did catch my eye - a trimmed Planet Stories v01n01. You aren't gonna catch me using the CGC numbering system, sorry bros, nuh uh, not doing it :roflmao:

Somebody recently pointed to an eBay auction of the issue in similar condition on the Planet Stories thread asking about trimming at eBay for what seemed like a high price (since sold), but apparently not:

Screenshot(207).thumb.png.a6b912c3ded01fc8513f10542657a8ed.png

High hammer of the night:

Screenshot(209).thumb.png.db3b1aede9ae46d3b3801bae04cc0ab9.png

Edited by Darwination