• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUICOPIA IS CLOSED.
3 3

1,104 posts in this topic

Howdy   Kids!

Back  with  another  dose  of  Fabulous  Fifties  Fun,  after    picking  up  a  new  collection  a  short  while  back.  

It's ALL   either  cowboys  or  commandos,   either  dogfaces  or  dogies!  Oh  there  may  be an odd  comic  here  or there that  doesn't quiite
fit  the bill,  but  durned  few,  and  durned  far  between.   If you're not  either  a  fan of  Fifties  Westerns  or  Fifties  War,  this  is  NOT  the  
thread  for  you,  

EVERY  BOOK  IN  THIS  THREAD  HAS  A  TEN  CENT  COVER  PRICE
Many  have  the  CCA  stamp  but  a  big  blast of  them  are  Pre-Code!

You  people  are  in  SOOOO  MUCH   trouble,  :D 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

War Combat  #1 
Atlas,  1952

Flat  with  a  touch  of   stacking  roll,   some general  wear.   

As with  MOST  of the books in  this  thread,  this is  a part of  the  Jim  Clark  horde,   
which  he protected by  signing  his  name  on  the front  cover  of most of them.   So far  I've  spotted,   regular  lead  pencil  in  various  widths
and  pressures,   red  pencil,  blue  pencil,  fountain  pen,  and  ball point,  lol
Not  all  are signed,  but  certainly   better than half,  and maybe   two  thirds,  
YOU  HAVE  BEEN  WARNED, 

Decent  gloss,    offwhite - white  pages,  small tear  LH  edge BC. 

Asking  $50  SOLD!

7yfuXll.jpg

Edited by catrick339

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Howdy   Kids!

Back  with  another  dose  of  Fabulous  Fifties  Fun,  after    picking  up  a  new  collection  a  short  while  back.  

It's ALL   either  cowboys  or  commandos,   either  dogfaces  or  dogies!  Oh  there  may  be an odd  comic  here  or there that  doesn't quiite
fit  the bill,  but  durned  few,  and  durned  far  between.   If you're not  either  a  fan of  Fifties  Westerns  or  Fifties  War,  this  is  NOT  the  
thread  for  you,  

EVERY  BOOK  IN  THIS  THREAD  HAS  A  TEN  CENT  COVER  PRICE
Many  have  the  CCA  stamp  but  a  big  blast of  them  are  Pre-Code!

You  people  are  in  SOOOO  MUCH   trouble,  :D 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

War Combat  #1 
Atlas,  1952

Flat  with  a  touch  of   stacking  roll,   some general  wear.   

As with  MOST  of the books in  this  thread,  this is  a part of  the  Jim  Clark  horde,   
which  he protected by  signing  his  name  on  the front  cover  of most of them.   So far  I've  spotted,   regular  lead  pencil  in  various  widths
and  pressures,   red  pencil,  blue  pencil,  fountain  pen,  and  ball point,  lol
Not  all  are signed,  but  certainly   better than half,  and maybe   two  thirds,  
YOU  HAVE  BEEN  WARNED, 

Decent  gloss,    offwhite - white  pages,  small tear  LH  edge BC. 

Asking  $50

7yfuXll.jpg

Take- what a great cover!

Corpses fire smoke barbed wire red sky and tears- what more do you want?

Edited by Black Bat

Wild Western 53
Atlas,  1957

Flat,  tight spine  and CF.  excellent  gloss,  white pages.   There is  a  touch  of stacking  roll,   minor general  wear,  
one small  tear interior,  gets  into  one panel. 

Asking  $25 for  a  little  gem  SOLD!

RBrPg7M.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Wild Western 53
Atlas,  1957

Flat,  tight spine  and CF.  excellent  gloss,  white pages.   There is  a  touch  of stacking  roll,   minor general  wear,  
one small  tear interior,  gets  into  one panel. 

Asking  $25 for  a  little  gem

RBrPg7M.jpg

:takeit:

I suppose  this  is  as good  a  time  to mention  as any.

This  batch  is going  to  average  several  points  higher  than my  usual  fares,   Don't  get  me wrong,  there are  
still going to  be  plenty  of  low  graders  and  rough  readers,  but  the  percentage of  beautiful  books  is  going 
to  be  MUCH  higher  than  my  usual  mix. 
Enjoy!

Foxhole 3
Mainline,  1955  
Jack  Kirby  cover

Flat,  tight,  glossy,  white  pages.  Couple  teensyweensy  tears upper  edge FC,  touch  of general  wear.  

Another  gem   for  $75  SOLD!

gMLpN24.jpg

Edited by catrick339

3 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Foxhole 3
Mainline,  1955  
Jack  Kirby  cover

Flat,  tight,  glossy,  white  pages.  Couple  teensyweensy  tears upper  edge FC,  touch  of general  wear.  

Another  gem   for  $75

gMLpN24.jpg

Take again, another beauty and I don't even collect war! "Death March" close enough to pch!

Edited by Black Bat

Wild  Frontier  7
Charlton, 1957
First  appearance  Cheyenne  Kid,  who takes over  the title  with  issue  8
Another  flat,   tight,  glossy  copy,  offwhite  pages.   Bit of  general  wear,  and there's  a small  dark  grey  stain  upper   LH  BC, 
and there  are  dust shadows  along upper  and lower  BC.   Scan  upon  request. 

Yours for  $20  SOLD!

6tTtVwV.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Wild  Frontier  7
Charlton, 1957
First  appearance  Cheyenne  Kid,  who takes over  the title  with  issue  8
Another  flat,   tight,  glossy  copy,  offwhite  pages.   Bit of  general  wear,  and there's  a small  dark  grey  stain  upper   LH  BC, 
and there  are  dust shadows  along upper  and lower  BC.   Scan  upon  request. 

Yours for  $20

6tTtVwV.jpg

Take

Battle  Attack  #1
Stanmore,  1954

A faint  whiff  of  stacking  roll,  bit of  general  wear,   especially  along spine,  on an otherwise   tight,  clean,  glossy  copy  with  white  pages.
EDIT   Small  tear  LH edge BC

Asking $35  SOLD!

qtEBh7m.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Battle  Attack  #1
Stanmore,  1954

A faint  whiff  of  stacking  roll,  bit of  general  wear,   especially  along spine,  on an otherwise   tight,  clean,  glossy  copy  with  white  pages.

Asking $35

qtEBh7m.jpg

Take

2 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Take

Hi  Nic,  

I  caught  another flaw  as  I  was  resleeving  the book,  it  has  a  small  tear  LH  edge BC  that  wasn't in  the original  description.
Edited  in  now. 

Please  let me  know  that    you still  want  the book.

Hi  Nic,  

I  caught  another flaw  as  I  was  resleeving  the book,  it  has  a  small  tear  LH  edge BC  that  wasn't in  the original  description.
Edited  in  now. 

Please  let me  know  that    you still  want  the book.

I'll keep it, thanks

And that  is  it  for  this  evening.  
A nice   preview  of  things  to  come,

I'll  drop back  in  tomorrow  afternoon  with  a bare  handful  after  I  finish   up tomorrow's  scans, and be back  tomorrow  evening 
with  full  production.   I  should  have  about  25 books  to  list  in  the  evening.  

Many thanks!  Oil  up  your  BAR 50's  and  your   Winchesters,   it's  going to be quite  a  ride.