• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extra Shipping Fees

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just received a bill for past submissions with fees ranging from $4.29 - $8.08.  I called to inquire about why I was being charged for submissions from months prior.  I was told these were additional shipping fees on top of the initial fee I was charged.  These fees would be over $20 for shipping a single book.  While I can understand there being a variation on price due to weight, I can't see how the amounts are so much more than the initial shipping fee; over 50% more on some of them.  Is this normal?  I have submitted several books and this is the first time I was ever charged additional shipping fees.

Edited by J RANDALL

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your message.  The shipping fees you pay when you complete your order online are just estimates.  Shipping fees are not final until the package is shipped out.  Additional charges may apply for extended or remote service areas, heavier packages, additional items, etc.  Shipping and insurance rates are subject to change without notice.  Without reviewing the invoices in question, I could not give you any specifics on your situation.  However, if you would like to provide more details to our customer service department, we can look further into it for you.  You can email us at submissions@cgccomics.com or you can call us at 877-662-6642.  Thanks!

On 10/20/2020 at 2:27 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your message.  The shipping fees you pay when you complete your order online are just estimates.  Shipping fees are not final until the package is shipped out.  Additional charges may apply for extended or remote service areas, heavier packages, additional items, etc.  Shipping and insurance rates are subject to change without notice.  Without reviewing the invoices in question, I could not give you any specifics on your situation.  However, if you would like to provide more details to our customer service department, we can look further into it for you.  You can email us at submissions@cgccomics.com or you can call us at 877-662-6642.  Thanks!

Is the statement in bold somewhere on the submission page?  If not then it likely should be added.  If it is, can you please provide where it is stated?