• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked double cover?

11 posts in this topic

So I sent a batch of books off to be graded recently, among them was a double cover of droids #1
Pretty happy with the grades I got (two 9.8's in one batch!) however it seems as though CGC may have missed the double cover on my droids comic, because there's absolutely no mention of it on the label whatsoever! 

Has this happened to anyone else, and is it just as simple as sending it back for a regrade?
And should I include a note to bring attention to error? 

I’ve got a double cover book getting graded right now.  It better be marked on the slab regardless of whatever notes I did or didn’t add.  Identification and authentication of such instances is a significant reason for CGC existing and the only reason I sent that book their way.

@Jeffro. grades are not posted until books are shipped, so I have to wait and see. There’s actually another book in this batch that was wrongfully labeled as incomplete, so yeah this sucks. I’ve had close to 100 books graded since July and I’ve been impressed with everything until now. 

This particular 13 book batch has at least 2 errors as well as lower grades than expected, with grading notes mentioning pressable defects on books that were pressed. 

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

If they didn't mention the double covers, the books were not accurately graded.I'd want a refund. The outer cover could easily be a grade or more different than the inner cover.

Absolutely. As soon as I get them in my hands I’ll be ready to get CGC Customer Service involved and get it all sorted.  

looks like overlooking double cover is still occurring. I submitted a order qty 15 of bronze age X-men July 27th fast track (approx 24 business days turnaround time). For some miraculous reason the order was updated to ship august 9th. My issue X-men #107 is a double cover. I received grade of 9.4 and no grader notes or reference to a double cover label. will need to send back to cgc.

Edited by robspirit74