Overlooked double cover?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

11 posts

So I sent a batch of books off to be graded recently, among them was a double cover of droids #1
Pretty happy with the grades I got (two 9.8's in one batch!) however it seems as though CGC may have missed the double cover on my droids comic, because there's absolutely no mention of it on the label whatsoever! 

Has this happened to anyone else, and is it just as simple as sending it back for a regrade?
And should I include a note to bring attention to error? 

4,430 posts

If it was not listed in the submission, it may not have been recorded in the assembly. Graders may even have noticed it, but there are some prepopulated sections (i.e. “pedigree”, etc).

318 posts

I’ve got a double cover book getting graded right now.  It better be marked on the slab regardless of whatever notes I did or didn’t add.  Identification and authentication of such instances is a significant reason for CGC existing and the only reason I sent that book their way.

318 posts

My grades came in today and CGC did not notate double cover... figures. 

54,201 posts
16 minutes ago, Joosh said:

My grades came in today and CGC did not notate double cover... figures. 

Did you call them or email them? If it's still at CGC then maybe they can make the change before it's sent back to you.

318 posts

@Jeffro. grades are not posted until books are shipped, so I have to wait and see. There’s actually another book in this batch that was wrongfully labeled as incomplete, so yeah this sucks. I’ve had close to 100 books graded since July and I’ve been impressed with everything until now. 

This particular 13 book batch has at least 2 errors as well as lower grades than expected, with grading notes mentioning pressable defects on books that were pressed. 

44,249 posts

If they didn't mention the double covers, the books were not accurately graded.I'd want a refund. The outer cover could easily be a grade or more different than the inner cover.

318 posts
4 hours ago, shadroch said:

If they didn't mention the double covers, the books were not accurately graded.I'd want a refund. The outer cover could easily be a grade or more different than the inner cover.

Absolutely. As soon as I get them in my hands I’ll be ready to get CGC Customer Service involved and get it all sorted.