• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many points for book that has never sold?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Ok, I've searched for this answer, and haven't had any luck poking through this forum and using the search feature.  Perhaps one of our seasoned registry veterans knows the answer.

Is there a protocol for determining points on a book that has never sold? 

Here's the story.  A while back, I discovered that the book Tween Age Digest #1 was referenced in Seduction of the Innocent.  I sent it off to be slabbed, along with my documentation, so I now have the one-and-only slabbed copy.  Matt was kind enough to add it to the SOTI set on my request.  He also indicated "I added it to the set but used a default value of 4 points for a 9.0 grade. I am unable to find any relevant sales. Please send a pm if you have any auction details and I will update the score. Thank you."

Is there a method of extrapolating a realistic number of points for a book that is 1 of 1 on the census?  I can't be the only one to have come across this, so if you're aware of a thread that answers my question, I'd appreciate a link.  Thanks!

Edited by SOTIcollector

• Administrator
13 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

There's no direct answer there, but it's a great start.   Thanks, @comicdonna !

@SOTIcollector,

I will gladly update the scores if you come across any recent reputable sales. If not, we would need to keep the score at the "raw" value as any increase would be subjective. While I understand that the book is most likely worth way more than the raw value, we need auction results to back it. I am sorry that I cannot be of further assistance. 

4 minutes ago, Matt G said:

@SOTIcollector,

I will gladly update the scores if you come across any recent reputable sales. If not, we would need to keep the score at the "raw" value as any increase would be subjective. While I understand that the book is most likely worth way more than the raw value, we need auction results to back it. I am sorry that I cannot be of further assistance. 

Ok, I appreciate the response.  I was hoping for something different, but I certainly understand. Thank you.