• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thank you to ElectricMastro

14 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, MusterMark said:

I'd like to thank ElectricMastro for creating SO MANY new threads in the relatively short time he has been on the Boards.  (At least I think he is a new member, and not a long time member who used to have a different member name.)

I find all of his threads compelling, in all kinds of ways.

For example, he is one of the few members to post interior art from comics, discuss story lines from within the comics, and speak in great detail about the creators.  And he does all of this constantly.

:applause: (worship) 

Agreed!

1 hour ago, MusterMark said:

For example, he is one of the few members to post interior art from comics, discuss story lines from within the comics, and speak in great detail about the creators.  And he does all of this constantly.

:applause: (worship) 

I miss that from BangZoom's thread, he and BB-Gun did that.

30 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Is he a new poster?  I think he's been around for at least a year or so.  And I'm pretty sure I've seen his name before then, maybe a similar prior handle or on Gormuu's boards?

A year or so is pretty “new” for our Boards.  Most members in GA have been around much longer.  
If he has been here earlier with a different name, that is possible of course, but I just don’t know.

Regardless of tenure, however, his “recent” output in the GA subforum is outstanding.

11 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Is he a new poster?  I think he's been around for at least a year or so.  And I'm pretty sure I've seen his name before then, maybe a similar prior handle or on Gormuu's boards?

I’ve never been on these boards before my join date. What’s Gormuu’s boards?

38 minutes ago, Electricmastro said:

I’ve never been on these boards before my join date. What’s Gormuu’s boards?

The Marvel Masteworks (and other collected editions) site's boards.  They are a place where folks who loved the art and stories, but did not necessarily need the original comics, used to talk about Masterworks, Archives, other collected editions, and comic history and art.  Still going, but I don't really check in much now that the DC Archives and Atlas Masterworks are pretty much done.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, sfcityduck said:

The Marvel Masteworks (and other collected editions) site's boards.  They are a place where folks who loved the art and stories, but did not necessarily need the original comics, used to talk about Masterworks, Archives, other collected editions, and comic history and art.  Still going, but I don't really check in much now that the DC Archives and Atlas Masterworks are pretty much done.

I was an avid member of this site's boards while the site was in its hey-day. Once I stopped collecting new comics and I stopped by new collected material, I just kind of drifted away. By the way, the reason I stopped collecting new collected material was that I looked at my "to read" pile, and I said to myself, "I'm not even sure I can read all those books before I die. Why am I continuing to buy new books?" I went and checked out the site about a month ago, and it seemed very similar to when I was a member.