• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGCdata.com - still free - major upgrade for October 21, 2020

9 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, valiantman said:

CGC Census current and historical analysis information is still there, with some upgrades added today.

The character/storyline/cover comments (1st appearance of So-and-So, etc.) that appear on the right side of the CGC label are now shown in the results on CGCdata.com

It's my half-birthday today, so you all get a gift because October 21st is as far from my own birthday as I can be each year. (thumbsu

That's an awesome present, and happy birthday! 

Ok I am going to ask a silly question but how do I use this? Whats it good for?

I type Spawn and the Top Results are Phantom Stranger and sub title ( Spawn of Frankenstein begins. )

Edited by Ares

11 hours ago, Ares said:

Ok I am going to ask a silly question but how do I use this? Whats it good for?

I type Spawn and the Top Results are Phantom Stranger and sub title ( Spawn of Frankenstein begins. )

It will find any references to the word Spawn.  If you want Image Spawn include Image as the publisher or 1992 as the starting year.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:51 AM, telerites said:

@valiantman 

Greg

Have the restored and qualified data results always been smaller font and indented?  Hadn't noticed it before but I like it.

Always great work and I very much appreciate it.

Yes, I wanted the non-Universal labels to stand out as "not blue" - since there are very few situations where any of the non-Universal label counts are higher than Universal for the same book.  (Very recent moderns may have that situation for signature, but nothing that has been graded often and also "stood the test of time".) lol