Most Expensive $1 Comics as CGC 9.8's
1 1

49 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

Aliens #1, AvP #1, and DD 163/165 are NOT dollar bin books.  Generously, they MAY have been 10-15 years ago.  

AvP sold listings on eBay are between $1-$5. Quite a few available online in NM starting at $1.75. Maybe we are talking about a different book? (shrug)

659870413_ScreenShot2020-11-03at9_45_43AM.thumb.png.60d234df4280b303cdb2f0d7dfebecdb.png

Edited by awakeintheashes
1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

AvP sold listings on eBay are between $1-$5. Quite a few available online in NM starting at $1.75. Maybe we are talking about a different book? (shrug)

659870413_ScreenShot2020-11-03at9_45_43AM.thumb.png.60d234df4280b303cdb2f0d7dfebecdb.png

Fair data point.  I could see AvP being in a $1 box.  

AvP is indeed still available in dollar bins, but Aliens 1 hasn't been a dollar bin book in many, many years. Even at its lowest, raw NM copies of #1 first print were still $15-20. I think the cheapest I ever found one was $10? I've been buying them since 1988. They've never been dollar books. It is possible that you'd find a DHP 24 in a dollar bin mixed in with runs of DHP by clueless sellers, I guess, but I've personally never found one there. DHP 36 on the other hand is still out there in the bargain bins, as it should be, there are a blue million of 'em. 

As for 9.8's of the miniseries, they've been pricey and very hard to find for a long time. I got my #1 9.8 here on the boards many years ago. Seller told me it "wouldn't be cheap". I didn't care, I had to have it. Paid $350 for it, was pleased as punch to do so. Looks like I made a good investment, though I'd likely never sell it anyway. #2 took much longer, got it in part of a much larger trade, but equivalent value we agreed on was about $600. Again, that was a few years ago.

Anyway, everyone shut up about Aliens, they're all mine!