• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love and Rockets question
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Is anyone familiar with this comic?  "Crime Stoppers of America" by Beto. It's a limited edition of 30, with a sketch and signature on the inside cover by Beto. From Beto at the the 2002 San Diego Con.

Just wondering if there were more of these printed without the sketch, limited edition and signature. I was hoping to find a reading copy.

Thanks!  

20180723_154444.jpg

•  

3 hours ago, captain_em said:

Is anyone familiar with this comic?  "Crime Stoppers of America" by Beto. It's a limited edition of 30, with a sketch and signature on the inside cover by Beto. From Beto at the the 2002 San Diego Con.

Just wondering if there were more of these printed without the sketch, limited edition and signature. I was hoping to find a reading copy.

Thanks!  

20180723_154444.jpg

I am 95% sure that the numbered SDCC copies of that are the only copies of that, and I don't believe that it has been reprinted anywhere. The Hernandez brothers were quite fond of this sort of thing, and they did quite a few of these little mini- or micro-comics in print runs of 20-50 or so (including at least four "issues" of People I've Known in My Mind).

Anyway, nice piece. This sort of offball Hernandez stuff gets harder to find as the years pass. Most of it has been black hole-d into Hernandez fans' collections by now.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:58 AM, Qalyar said:

I am 95% sure that the numbered SDCC copies of that are the only copies of that, and I don't believe that it has been reprinted anywhere. The Hernandez brothers were quite fond of this sort of thing, and they did quite a few of these little mini- or micro-comics in print runs of 20-50 or so (including at least four "issues" of People I've Known in My Mind).

Anyway, nice piece. This sort of offball Hernandez stuff gets harder to find as the years pass. Most of it has been black hole-d into Hernandez fans' collections by now.

Thanks for reply. Any idea on the value? Wondering if I should send it in for grading.

12 hours ago, captain_em said:

Thanks for reply. Any idea on the value? Wondering if I should send it in for grading.

Afraid I'm going to have to let someone else try to field value. These mini-comics (not just this one) come up for sale pretty infrequently. "Value" is going to depend significantly on how much attention any specific sale musters from the right audience.

4 hours ago, Qalyar said:

Afraid I'm going to have to let someone else try to field value. These mini-comics (not just this one) come up for sale pretty infrequently. "Value" is going to depend significantly on how much attention any specific sale musters from the right audience.

agree 100% - I will say that Beto doesn't get the same love as Xaime.