• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarlane ASM 299 Cover comes to auction

55 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, tth2 said:

So someone paid $200k for it in mid/late 2019 and now is putting it up for auction?

Yeah, I imagine they won't want it to go for less than $200k, unless they're a motivated seller.  

Why Walt Simonson doesn’t sell his Thor art.

7 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Reserve has been met.

absolutely insane!!! :flamed:

Well those who took over $200K win but had to bet $250 to win $100 or $250 now $350....

increments at $10K now so no thrill bidders!!!

I would say our hobby is very robust at this moment in history. 

On 12/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, delekkerste said:

To paraphrase one friend's view of the Heritage auction last month:  "Looking at these results, one could be forgiven for thinking that money has become worthless." 

Everything is robust these days due to perpetual currency debasement and boredom/FOMO.  I'm so bullish on everything I can barely see straight, not even joking. B|

Hey I’m a native New Yorker. I see everything as a house of cards even these results. It’s in my nature. Every opportunity is just another chance to be disappointed, that’s what Great Grandpa Grape  🦍 used to say anyways.

But until the robust reveals the bust I’ll live in my fantasy world.😂

14 hours ago, grapeape said:

Hey I’m a native New Yorker. I see everything as a house of cards even these results. It’s in my nature. Every opportunity is just another chance to be disappointed, that’s what Great Grandpa Grape  🦍 used to say anyways.

But until the robust reveals the bust I’ll live in my fantasy world.😂

Did he eventually get called Raisen Ape?