• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #27 1st page ID Help Please

10 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, 

Was wondering if someone could help me out with this page. We don't believe it to be an original but we are curious as to where it comes from. Dimensions on the page are 10 1/4 by 7 1/4. It looks like a strange gutter on the left but the staple holes are about a 1/2 inch in. 

The code in the bottom left panel doesn't match with anything we can find, and comparing to a cgc cased page one the quotation marks in the first panel are spaced further from the edge. 

Thanks guys!

20201022_142624.jpg

20201022_142627.jpg

20201022_142629.jpg

That page is identical to the color reprint in Batman from the 30s to the 70s book, except yours is on newsprint not slick paper like the book.  Likely a forgery?  Or did the 30s to the 70s book lift the art from an earlier reprint?  IDK.  By identical, I mean identical quote placement, S-146, etc.

IMG_0667 (1).jpg

Edited by sfcityduck

21 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

That page is identical to the color reprint in Batman from the 30s to the 70s book, except yours is on newsprint not slick paper like the book.  Likely a forgery?  Or did the 30s to the 70s book lift the art from an earlier reprint?  IDK.  By identical, I mean identical quote placement, S-146, etc.

IMG_0667 (1).jpg

That Beatles "A/B Road" is a wonderful collection of Jan. 1969.

2 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

That Beatles "A/B Road" is a wonderful collection of Jan. 1969.

83 cds with 87 hours of the creative process.  "Let it Be" is one of my favorite songs and hearing how Paul and the band took that song from a demo to what it became is really really fun to listen to.  Paul calling out chord changes, how backing vocals were improvised, how lyrics were developed, how the various instrument parts came to be, really interesting stuff if you are deep into the Beatles.

2 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

83 cds with 87 hours of the creative process.  "Let it Be" is one of my favorite songs and hearing how Paul and the band took that song from a demo to what it became is really really fun to listen to.  Paul calling out chord changes, how backing vocals were improvised, how lyrics were developed, how the various instrument parts came to be, really interesting stuff if you are deep into the Beatles.

Yes. They turned on the tape decks and essentially never shut them off. The banter is priceless. George Harrison (I think) is late for a session and Lennon says "**** 'im! We'll get Clapton to come in!" It's one of my most treasured audio folders. The Beatles archival vault became like a sieve. I have a ton of Beatles boots.

2 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Yes. They turned on the tape decks and essentially never shut them off. The banter is priceless. George Harrison (I think) is late for a session and Lennon says "**** 'im! We'll get Clapton to come in!" It's one of my most treasured audio folders. The Beatles archival vault became like a sieve. I have a ton of Beatles boots.

One of my other collecting interest.  Started collecting them in the mid-80s.  That quote is from when George quit the band for a few days.  

On 10/23/2020 at 2:34 PM, sfcityduck said:

The Monkees ❤️❤️

Edited by Chicago Boy