• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer 1
3 3

19 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2020 at 3:08 PM, buddy2 said:

Please Grade My Silver Surfer 1

Thanks

image22.jpeg

00001image28.jpeg

image28.jpeg

image31.jpeg

Looks like an area of black color touch near and on the spine, level with the sidewall letters 'MARV'. Is there bleedthrough there on the inside of the cover? 

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Color touch. From Ebay? If so, was it disclosed in the listing? Paid price? 

@James J Johnson I don't think I bought it on eBay but I honestly don't remember.  Color Touch not disclosed since I didn't know about it.  I likely bought it many years ago likely at a convention in the early/mid 90's, I suspect not sure what I paid.

3 minutes ago, buddy2 said:

@James J Johnson I don't think I bought it on eBay but I honestly don't remember.  Color Touch not disclosed since I didn't know about it.  I likely bought it many years ago likely at a convention in the early/mid 90's, I suspect not sure what I paid.

If you bought it in the 90s, even if you paid the going rate for a book of comparable unrestored condition, you're in for the right price now.  . 

9 hours ago, KCOComics said:

There is nothing more disappointing than buying a raw book and finding restoration years later. 

Still a great book to own! Presents great!

@KCOComics Thanks.   Yep.  Of course its my fault for not looking at it close enough.  At least It is good to know now so I can note it so if I ever decide to sell some comics someone else isn't disappointed. 

14 minutes ago, EC Star&Bar said:

The 6th photo is actually a centerfold from DC's New Gods.

hm  Thanks, Looks like I accidentally saved a new gods #1 picture in the SS #1 folder and uploaded it.  Sorry

As I scrolled down thru the other opinions, I knew someone would point out that patch that looked like color touch. (thumbsu

Boardies are pretty sharp...

Still a great book to own. Mine has a two or three inch rip and I never got around to replacing it and now I probably never will! :sorry: