• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Roy Thomas

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I understand Roy Thomas is signing any Marvel title. Do you think having him sign books he didnt personally work on would bring value to the book or take away? Books such as Eternals, Venom, GI Joe, etc. Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Yoosh

I definitely think if you’re getting a whole creative team it can be pretty cool and add some value.  But if you’re not getting the artist and the writer also, probably not gonna get good value.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:34 PM, yoosh5492 said:

Hi All,

I understand Roy Thomas is signing any Marvel title. Do you think having him sign books he didnt personally work on would bring value to the book or take away? Books such as Eternals, Venom, GI Joe, etc. Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Yoosh

I think if you are putting together a book that has an entire creative team, and Roy was the editor or the editor in chief at the time, it is cool. I don't know if adds anything price wise - I kind of doubt it. But if it is a random Marvel, like the way Stan used sign anything marvel, it will be a losing proposition.