• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2020 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
9 9

416 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, The Sledder said:

Now that this is underway, I'll start getting my ducks in a row for the Holiday Raffle.  No promises, but I'll aim to have a thread up to get things started sometime this weekend.  

I've got to order my sweater:

136460939_max.thumb.jpg.babd8aff005f022a8cc31d476b052bee.jpg

^^ 

2 hours ago, The Sledder said:

Now that this is underway, I'll start getting my ducks in a row for the Holiday Raffle.  No promises, but I'll aim to have a thread up to get things started sometime this weekend.  

Whoo hoo!

On 11/6/2020 at 10:20 AM, wombat said:

@Azkaban Don't forget to join this year.  :baiting:

dang I missed this somehow, between work and selling my friends collection for his wife I haven't had any down time

if you need someone to fill in for anyone in the U.S. let me know, I'm your huckleberry

images.jpg

2 hours ago, Azkaban said:

dang I missed this somehow, between work and selling my friends collection for his wife I haven't had any down time

if you need someone to fill in for anyone in the U.S. let me know, I'm your huckleberry

images.jpg

You still have the raffle...............................

2 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Just want to be up font with everyone and say I am horrible at waiting to open presents. I will have it unwrapped before the postman pulls away. 

Rats. That’ll give you time to defuse it.

Shopping.... complete! Well.. mostly! I actually ordered one extra thing I'd kind of like to include, but I'm not sure it'll be here until Mid-December, and I think that's pushing it.

Even though I'm 100% shipping via Priority mail this year, and I'd strongly recommend everyone do the same... at least domestically.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:36 PM, The Sledder said:

The man is back!  Last year you were a machine with a raffle.  

3 hours ago, srezvan said:

Has anyone ever messaged their Secret Santa and asked for more details on what they want? The "collecting preference" I received is exactly 6 words. I'm not trying to be a jerk to my Secret Santa. I just don't want the individual to be disappointed.

I don't think secret means what you think it means. 

5 hours ago, srezvan said:

Has anyone ever messaged their Secret Santa and asked for more details on what they want? The "collecting preference" I received is exactly 6 words. I'm not trying to be a jerk to my Secret Santa. I just don't want the individual to be disappointed.

Don't do it directly, ask @HollyJollyOne to send it on your behalf if you have questions.  

3 hours ago, JazzMan said:

Don't do it directly, ask @HollyJollyOne to send it on your behalf if you have questions.  

Great advice! Plus, I think people who are vague on what they want often just like to be surprised.  So if you make an honest effort to get them something you think a fellow comic fan would enjoy — even if it’s a more general gift — he/she will certainly love it!

Oh and (shhh) you didn’t hear it from me... because there are probably anti-stalking laws that would frown on this? But, uh, a “good friend of mine” has on several occasions found great success by checking out the forum activities of his (or her) secret Santa target.  Check out the threads they’ve posted in, books they’ve been interested in, etc... often you’ll strike gold informationally-speaking.  Or so says my friend anyway. I wouldn’t know, personally. :whistle:

15 hours ago, srezvan said:

I'm always vague I guess, I just don't want to force someone who is shopping while the holiday season is tight for them, to spend a lot. This way they can figure out what they want to spend all by themselves. 

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm always vague I guess, I just don't want to force someone who is shopping while the holiday season is tight for them, to spend a lot. This way they can figure out what they want to spend all by themselves. 

Same here. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to spend above their comfort level.