• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2020 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
9 9

416 posts in this topic

I want to thank@DeadOnefrom the bottom of my heart. The gifts were perfect!  I just started to get into Creepy and Eerie and had seen Vampirella but didn’t know what to think. After reading these issues, I’m totally hooked.  And I wasn’t even aware of Nightmare, Scream, or Psycho - these are awesome. Thanks to you I now have new collecting targets for 2021. Thank you again and Merry Christmas.  Amazing job!

4479F529-7554-4BF3-9AB5-396EBB2CDEF3.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I opened my gifts from @unclezebo this morning. I'm a big Spider-Man fan, and he used Spider-Man wrapping paper. I'm going to have get some of that for next year!

Xmas1.thumb.jpg.dd6eaf1b623708dae502437fa922cedd.jpg

Next, I received a Spider-Man action figure and a copy of Amazing Spider-Man Masterworks Volume 2.

Xmas2.thumb.jpg.c7624c3d96dde6e7e552a8838e9a211d.jpg

I thought that this was it, but, as I was emptying out the box, I found one last package.

Nova #15, Secrets of Haunted House #4, The Phantom Stranger #23, Amazing Spider-Man #34, Nova #12, Unexpected #154, and Dr. Strange #179. Six books that I haven't read, plus a duplicate of Amazing Spider-Man #34. However, this copy of ASM #34 looks like an upgrade over my current copy. SCORE!

Xmas3.thumb.jpg.be20f4f6fa4e795ccb28cffcb4faf21b.jpg

The contents were very well-packaged, as I think this box could have withstood a low-grade nuclear explosion. Also, @unclezebo used a LOT of bubble wrap. I was planning on ordering some more bubble wrap next week, as I was almost out. However, with all the bubble wrap I have now, I won't need to order bubble wrap until after the New Year.

I want to thank unclezebo for such a fine gift. I hope his Secret Santa gift was just as nice as mine was.

I can see that I am going to have to step up my game for next year. I didn't even wrap my packages, because I less than proficient at wrapping. Next year, I will wrap these myself, or I will take them to the mall to have them wrapped for me. I also thought that I went overboard with spending, but, after reading this thread, it's clear that I did not.

This was my first CGC Secret Santa gift exchange, and I enjoyed seeing everyone else's presents too. I have learned that with Secret Santa gifts, the word "overboard" doesn't even apply.

Merry Christmas to @unclezebo and the rest of my fellow board members. This was great ending to 2020, and let's hope that 2021 is even better!

I'm glad you enjoyed the gift! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and I'm happy I played a small part in it.

23 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

Merry Christmas all!

Thank you very much @frozentundraguy! The books arrived early & my better half has reminded me at least once a day to "stay out of the presents!" I complied; I know what's good for me.

Awesome books sir; thank you very much! I love the DHC Alien(s) artwork; and the Spider-Man comic is a great book. Thanks doesn't seem sufficient, but its what I've got.

I haven't been around here (CGC forums) long, but ya'll have been great, and the holiday gift exchange is fast becoming one of my favorite parts of the year. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwaanza, (something...help me out here Canadian friends) Boxing Day, & (Enter Term Here) Festivus!

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

I'm glad you liked the books.  I only have a Marvel Masterwork or two with Spiderman, so I enlisted the aid of a fellow board member to help narrow down which issue to get. 

3 hours ago, conan09279 said:

I want to thank@DeadOnefrom the bottom of my heart. The gifts were perfect!  I just started to get into Creepy and Eerie and had seen Vampirella but didn’t know what to think. After reading these issues, I’m totally hooked.  And I wasn’t even aware of Nightmare, Scream, or Psycho - these are awesome. Thanks to you I now have new collecting targets for 2021. Thank you again and Merry Christmas.  Amazing job!

Step into the light, all are welcome....👹

People seem to be posting their gifts here, as opposed to the thread designed for showing off what you got from your secret Santa... so both threads are going. LOL

Probably best if we did one or the other!

But I didn’t want people NOT to see the awesome stuff that @ashsaytr sent me, so here’s a link to the other thread!

22 hours ago, conan09279 said:

You are very welcome. I'm so glad that you're happy.

There are so many great horror magazines out there. :cloud9:

You are going to have a great New Year.

Edited by DeadOne

15 hours ago, Vfactor1 said:

Another BIG shoutout to @Raze for some really, really awesome gifts! Not only are these some of my favorite classic stories of all time but some of my favorite all time covers as well!!

Love the artwork in these!

Thanks Dan!

V.

8C08EC95-E66B-46B3-B102-90EEF409AEDA.jpeg

Glad you liked them! It was fun hunting the books down...I even bought a copy of the Batman for myself! Cant wait to read it!

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Raze

On 12/25/2020 at 1:08 PM, SpideyFein said:

A big big shout out to @Mac Man

I love the thoughtful gifts!! You may have read my mind, as I’ve been waiting for a copy of Last Ronin and bam- it’s here on Christmas. I can’t wait to read it later. I love the Spidey slab, classic Archie, and the others Have a blessed holiday!!!!! 

8F820341-15A7-4DB7-A46D-00AD840A6FF9.jpeg

Well, I saw Spidey and TMNT along with an interest in GA - BA, so I knew I needed to be creative! 1950s comics (Archie and SF Jet Powers) seemed to straddle the GA/SA line, and who doesn't love BA Spidey? 

And those far out TMNT issues were too hard to pass up on. I thought you mentioned liking some oddball collectibles, and they seemed to fit the bill. And as for THE LAST RONIN? Well, it's the only book I've scored a 10/10 in the past year and a half, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it! 

Happy Holidays!