• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2020 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
9 9

416 posts in this topic

Well, I received my gift package today. I had to open it up to see what was in it, because I didn't remember ordering anything from that return address. However, once I got an inkling of what it was, I sealed the box back up, and I will wait to open it on Christmas Day.

Package.thumb.jpg.6039a651cd9b6e95375449a903352650.jpg

Also, I sent my package out today, using Priority Mail. My sincere hope is that it will arrive before Christmas. But what I'm reading on this thread, there is no guarantee that will happen.

Update - My package was delivered last week to the lucky recipient.

Edited by Math Teacher

13 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Took mine up to USPS today.  The vitriol the general public have to wait in line is hilarious.  I deal with shipping enough for work that waiting in a line is really no big deal.

Hope my recipient enjoys his gift and stays on the nice list. lol

Patience is a virtue.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

7 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I'll be shipping mine either Friday or Saturday this week. Hopefully it gets there in time. eek

Even if it doesn’t, I think we all can exercise patience. Plus sometimes a late gift just extends the feelings of holiday joy!

28 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Just a reminder to maybe post that you received your item.....some of us were dumb and threw away the tracking receipt doh!

Back in May, I started selling off parts of my collection, mostly collected editions and figurines. I learned the hard way to not throw away the tracking receipt. I sold a copy of JLA Archives #4 on Eaby for $32.50. It never showed up, and since I didn't have the tracking receipt, I didn't have any way to prove that I had mailed the package. I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it took only one $32.50 mistake for me to figure out that I needed to hold onto the tracking receipts. Now, I have a cigar box on my desk, and I put all my receipts in it.

Well, I checked the tracking on the package I sent today. It says that it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday, 09/11/2020. However, its first stop was North Platte, NE, which is a substantial distance west from the Omaha area, which is where I live. This is unfortunate, as the package is travelling to the east coast.

7 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

And sent on Monday!

PO lines are ridiculous. Never knew it got so busy during the holidays. Might need to look into getting postage online instead. And yes. I waited..

Luckily, we have a grocery store near us that serves as a Post office substation. And if you are trying to get postage online, I can highly recommend Pirate Ship. Its only drawback is that you need to be able to weigh and measure your package.