• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2020 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
9 9

416 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, JazzMan said:
23 hours ago, srezvan said:

Has anyone ever messaged their Secret Santa and asked for more details on what they want? The "collecting preference" I received is exactly 6 words. I'm not trying to be a jerk to my Secret Santa. I just don't want the individual to be disappointed.

Don't do it directly, ask @HollyJollyOne to send it on your behalf if you have questions.  

Except now if he is reading this thread he will probably know who it is. :ohnoez:

16 hours ago, fmaz said:

Oh and (shhh) you didn’t hear it from me... because there are probably anti-stalking laws that would frown on this? But, uh, a “good friend of mine” has on several occasions found great success by checking out the forum activities of his (or her) secret Santa target.  Check out the threads they’ve posted in, books they’ve been interested in, etc... often you’ll strike gold informationally-speaking.  Or so says my friend anyway. I wouldn’t know, personally. :whistle:

Just make certain to sign-out of your account first. That way they cannot see who has been sniffing around their posts/profile. (thumbsu

1 minute ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i wrote AF15 for my preference. and x-men 1. maybe i should have said OR instead of AND?

I definitely had someone a couple years ago write that his only preference was superhero keys. May as well shoot for the moon. 

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I would hope no one spends more than they are comfortable with. I know it can be intimidating looking at what some people give. I would also hope no one has expectations of getting something above a pretty low dollar value. 

Spend only what you are comfortable and be thankful for whatever you get in return.  Anything else is just silly.

It is not hard to be a good human. 🙂

Honestly, I really don’t care what I get.  It’s just fun to look forward to something no matter what the value.  I tried to give a few examples of what I like, hopefully it wasn’t too vague.  

But again, it’s all in the spirit of fun.  I just get nervous that my person likes what I got them.

I’m such a slacker!!!! I can’t believe I missed the deadline!!!! I know it’s going to be great as it always is!!! This is the first time I’ve missed it in years. Ahhhhh. Happy Holidays to you all. I’ll be checking in for sure!!! 

1 hour ago, The Sledder said:

Raffle Thread

The Raffle Thread is live!

3 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

I’m such a slacker!!!! I can’t believe I missed the deadline!!!! I know it’s going to be great as it always is!!! This is the first time I’ve missed it in years. Ahhhhh. Happy Holidays to you all. I’ll be checking in for sure!!! 

Still time for this :tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM