• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another eBay scammer
2 2

20 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, MadGenius said:

Add camich-43 to the list of eBay scammers. He purchased a comic from me on eBay and promptly opened a return request the same day he received. He claimed there was some kind of defect on the NM comic that was unacceptable but did not provide photos to back up his claim. Today I received his "return" which was a single piece of cardboard with the ebay return label attached. I have reported him to eBay and am working on getting my money released for the return. It was only a $35 purchase so thankfully not a lot of money, but still a pretty despicable thing to do on his end.

Add this fool to your blocked bidders list so he doesn't try to cheat anyone else.

add to ebay blocked bidder list stat.

3 hours ago, MadGenius said:

Add camich-43 to the list of eBay scammers. He purchased a comic from me on eBay and promptly opened a return request the same day he received. He claimed there was some kind of defect on the NM comic that was unacceptable but did not provide photos to back up his claim. Today I received his "return" which was a single piece of cardboard with the ebay return label attached. I have reported him to eBay and am working on getting my money released for the return. It was only a $35 purchase so thankfully not a lot of money, but still a pretty despicable thing to do on his end.

Add this fool to your blocked bidders list so he doesn't try to cheat anyone else.

This is really sad to see. I hope you get your money back. Another transaction similar happened recently and was discussed here on the boards. They way that member got his money back from PayPal was uploading images of the returned package where it showed the weight as there was no way they shipped back the book when the weight was so light. 

23 hours ago, MadGenius said:

Today I received his "return" which was a single piece of cardboard with the ebay return label attached.

Just to be clear - a piece of cardboard in an envelope, or literally a piece of cardboard with the label attached?

11 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I hope eBay is proud of the cesspool it has become.  If they even pretended to combat fraud, this guy would have at least been forced to respond with “Oh man, I got my returns mixed up!  The scrap of cardboard was supposed to go back to a guy in Sioux Falls!”

Unfortunately, all customer services are outsourced and they have heavy accents.  Their thoughts and our thoughts are not working together well. The abuses go on.

5 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

What happened to HarveySwick?   I haven't seen his posts or activities here.

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 2.02.02 PM.png

6 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Unfortunately, all customer services are outsourced and they have heavy accents.  Their thoughts and our thoughts are not working together well. The abuses go on.

No doubt, they are definitely not receptive to input. Case in point, I got one of those “we’re going to arrest you because your Social Security number was compromised” calls a couple weeks ago.

I was very polite and told the guy I needed a good arresting, and he should meet me at 219 S Dearborn in Chicago. And he got lippy with me!  Jeez guy, I was only trying to help you out (shrug)

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

No doubt, they are definitely not receptive to input. Case in point, I got one of those “we’re going to arrest you because your Social Security number was compromised” calls a couple weeks ago.

I was very polite and told the guy I needed a good arresting, and he should meet me at 219 S Dearborn in Chicago. And he got lippy with me!  Jeez guy, I was only trying to help you out (shrug)

You can’t imagine how much fun I have with these “benchode” , wasting their time by leading them on and disrupting their scam network. Being retired can be a blast. 🤣

13 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Yeah.  I realized he was passed away on December 2018.

Considering that @HarveySwick posted last in Feb of 2019 and last visited the boards on July 22 of this year then he must be posting from the afterlife. :makepoint: I think you're mixing things up with this thread

Swick.jpg

Edited by Jeffro.

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

Considering that Swick posted last in Feb of 2019 and last visited the boards on July 22 of this year then he must be posting from the afterlife. :makepoint: I think you're mixing things up with this thread

Swick.jpg

Maybe but I read the obituary: 

https://flannerbuchanan.com/obit/richard-michael-rockwood/

Maybe it’s someone else. Who knows?

6 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Maybe but I read the obituary: 

https://flannerbuchanan.com/obit/richard-michael-rockwood/

Maybe it’s someone else. Who knows?

Stopping by to clarify that @HarveySwick is alive and well. He's active on Topps Marvel Collect. We've traded recently. Also, his name isn't Richard. That thread was for @Stormsurge

Sorry this happened to you @MadGenius. It has happened to me twice. Both times I was made whole, but it really has scared me away from selling any high-dollar books on eBay.

Edited by awakeintheashes