• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Avengers drawing - mixed media
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I love this piece.  If you had showed up in the 70s with this piece Marvel would have hired you on the spot.

Edited by kav

I like the water inNamor too-looks real watery.  All in all wish he had beenon Avengers in the 70s.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

Loki and Kang my favorite-and the fact he lined up circles in Cap's shield perfectly-not easy.

Thanks. I realized this picture wasn’t the final version. Added some more details before I sent it to printer. I was happy with Loki it’s those horns can be tricky. 

Just now, Shadow said:

Thanks. I realized this picture wasn’t the final version. Added some more details before I sent it to printer. I was happy with Loki it’s those horns can be tricky. 

yes they can and you caught his smirk like many failed at.  Buscemas i'm looking at you.

49 minutes ago, Phicks said:

I see some George Perez influence in this.  But who would you say your influences are?

I was gonna say that.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:20 PM, Phicks said:

I see some George Perez influence in this.  But who would you say your influences are?

Always liked Perez and probably influenced me. Mix in Byrne and Adams as favorites as well. I love Wrightson but have struggled to develop his “flow” and shadows. Growing up I used to try and recreate many of these artists pictures. Big John Buscema is probably mixed in as well. Loved Conan as a kid. 

The more I look at this, the more I like it.  He should have been on the avengers in 1972!!  :pullhair:

21 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Thanks. I struggle with selling them. But I’ll probably include a print in my Holiday Raffle prizes. Sometimes people enjoy them. 

If i had to get super duper critical I would say Thanos upper lip does make him look old and his head is too round, and the silver surfer jaw is a bit large.  But that is serious nit picking-I could do the same to Kneel Atoms.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:18 PM, Shadow said:

Always liked Perez and probably influenced me. Mix in Byrne and Adams as favorites as well. I love Wrightson but have struggled to develop his “flow” and shadows. Growing up I used to try and recreate many of these artists pictures. Big John Buscema is probably mixed in as well. Loved Conan as a kid. 

Wrightson isn't someone that can be easily done. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.