• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot Dog!

3 posts in this topic

So I was at a LCS and saw a book that made me laugh. Hot Dog 1! Cover looked silly and I also got it but passed. But then when I got home and looked it up I see that its on ebay for $40 - $60! I can't find much info about the book, as if its rare or has a crazy story. 

Does anyone know anything about this book?

Pic from @mycomicshop .com (Thanks)...I love the site for reference!!! 

814161.jpg

16 minutes ago, Raze said:

So I was at a LCS and saw a book that made me laugh. Hot Dog 1! Cover looked silly and I also got it but passed. But then when I got home and looked it up I see that its on ebay for $40 - $60! I can't find much info about the book, as if its rare or has a crazy story. 

Does anyone know anything about this book?

Pic from @mycomicshop .com (Thanks)...I love the site for reference!!! 

814161.jpg

It's part of the A-1 series.

Scan here:

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=8114

First of a 4 issue run from a tough period 1954 - 1955.

Overstreet NM tops out at $95

If this was a DC funny animal copy/run, from that tough mid 50s period, it would probably be a $200 - $300 book and the run would be on the hard to get lists. DC completists like Christine Farrell and Ian Levine would have been hunting down elusive copies!

But, since it is a Magazine Enterprise publication and not DC, I would say it doesn't cut the mustard! :insane:   (Sorry....couldn't resist!)