• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #300
3 3

17 posts in this topic

I have two 9.4's one my original purchase in 1988 that I sent in for Todd Mcfarlane sig.the other Stan Lee ss that I bought last year for $600 and both look better in hand than this one!Think I'll reholder and keep it.should have grabbed a 9.8 last year.who'd a thought lol. 

Indeed! if I put it next to my ASM 300 ss that's a 9.4 you would reverse the grades and I have a 252 that's a 9.6 that by these standards would be a 9.8.i read all these stories of grade bumps.maybe there are THREE things people lie about: how much they make, how big their _hands are and grade bumps! LoL.

Do most people trust the CGC Grading enough to just buy blindly based on the subjective third party grade, and not bother examining the book contained within the shell?  

I haven't seen many 9.8 slabs in person, but of the few that I have seen, some seemed to have visible 'defects' that i thought would have immediately made 9.8 impossible, but CGC still awarded them the coveted 9.8 ratings...

3 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Do most people trust the CGC Grading enough to just buy blindly based on the subjective third party grade, and not bother examining the book contained within the shell?  

I haven't seen many 9.8 slabs in person, but of the few that I have seen, some seemed to have visible 'defects' that i thought would have immediately made 9.8 impossible, but CGC still awarded them the coveted 9.8 ratings...

The short answer: No.

There are sheep, though.