• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book shops near Sellersburg Indiana Close to Louisville Kentucky

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys my work is sending me to Sellersburg Indiana. I will be out there today around 4 o’clock 5 o’clock are there any comic book stores that are open and worth stopping by?

I am coming from St. Louis so I will be taking Highway 64 east anyone know of any comic book stores along that Corredor?

Edited by Raze

14 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

the great escape and comic book world are cool stores nearby I think theres a lot of cool stores in louisville 

I haven’t been to The Great Escape in a long time due to my Army career. Definitely was a place I would go to a lot when I lived in Louisville 

Great Escape was a cool store. Lots of toys as well. Nice selection of comics, and they had books and music.

I only picked up Daredevil issue 4 of the Chip Zadarsky series.

I really liked the general area that it was located too.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Edited by Raze

Probably too late to be of any help, but, current Louisvillian here! :shy:  

Indeed, here in town you're going to want The Great Escape. I'm up there a few times a week, still the best back issue shop in town.  However since covid times, they've changed their schedule a bit, so they're only open Wed-Sun, 12-7.

Comic Book World has a lot of back issues as well, I haven't been since quarantine hit so I'm not sure what their hours are. I actually bought my AF15 here a few years ago, so you never know what may come through the door. They also have a Cinci store which I think has a better back issue selection.

Those are the two best bets, but there are more shops here. I haven't been to any of these since quarantine started, so I'm not sure of their operating hours, hopefully they're all still in business! But at one time you could also go to The Zone, Destination Comics, and Heroes Comics and Gaming. My experience is that The Zone and Destination are mostly focused on new books and merch (Funko Pops, stuff like that) and don't have a ton of back issue. Heroes Comics and Gaming is also game heavy BUT they used to have a really nice back issue selection, at least the last time I was there. It has been some time, though.

A newer shop is Pop's Comics and Collectibles, which is a newer shop run buy a guy who was a flea market dealer for a very long time. I've bought a lot from him over the years. His new brick and mortar shop is heavy on the Funko Pops (hence the name) and toys, but he also usually has some cool back issues and random stuff. 

If that doesn't satisfy you, we also have two Book and Music Exchange locations that sell comics. The one on Preston highway has a lot more than the one on Bardstown Rd in the Highlands. Selection is spotty, but sometimes worth the dig.

8 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Probably too late to be of any help, but, current Louisvillian here! :shy:  

Indeed, here in town you're going to want The Great Escape. I'm up there a few times a week, still the best back issue shop in town.  However since covid times, they've changed their schedule a bit, so they're only open Wed-Sun, 12-7.

Comic Book World has a lot of back issues as well, I haven't been since quarantine hit so I'm not sure what their hours are. I actually bought my AF15 here a few years ago, so you never know what may come through the door. They also have a Cinci store which I think has a better back issue selection.

Those are the two best bets, but there are more shops here. I haven't been to any of these since quarantine started, so I'm not sure of their operating hours, hopefully they're all still in business! But at one time you could also go to The Zone, Destination Comics, and Heroes Comics and Gaming. My experience is that The Zone and Destination are mostly focused on new books and merch (Funko Pops, stuff like that) and don't have a ton of back issue. Heroes Comics and Gaming is also game heavy BUT they used to have a really nice back issue selection, at least the last time I was there. It has been some time, though.

A newer shop is Pop's Comics and Collectibles, which is a newer shop run buy a guy who was a flea market dealer for a very long time. I've bought a lot from him over the years. His new brick and mortar shop is heavy on the Funko Pops (hence the name) and toys, but he also usually has some cool back issues and random stuff. 

If that doesn't satisfy you, we also have two Book and Music Exchange locations that sell comics. The one on Preston highway has a lot more than the one on Bardstown Rd in the Highlands. Selection is spotty, but sometimes worth the dig.

yeah I got a asm 20 in comic book world for 30 dollars about 2 years ago it was super beat but Im happy with it