• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swamp Monsters!!!!!!
2 2

42 posts in this topic

I grew up in the 70's and 80's when swamp monsters made a revival in popularity (somewhat) with Swamp Thing and Man-Thing.  I never knew about their golden age origins until Alan Moore paid homage to the Heap in the mid-80's.  Sure I knew about Solomon Grundy, but he wasn't made of mud, goop, and/or plants.  Here's what I've gotten so far.  I'm hoping people will post more so I can compile a want list.

Adventures Into the Unknown #24.jpg

Adventures Into the Unknown #32.jpg

Adventures Into the Unknown #48.jpg

Chamber of Chills #06.jpg

Chamber of Chills #12.jpg

Web of Evil #13.jpg

Swampies from any era are my jam and I hope to collect a slew of covers that feature them, you already posted this one but this is my copy I had graded (my favourite Heap issue, also have a low-grade reader copy)

20201026_105827.thumb.jpg.6dee4b0822ef2374f66d9fae00af1b6b.jpg

I recently bought this book, SWAMP MONSTERS, that looked to focus on the golden age of swamp creatures, however I was left disappointed. I thought it was going to offer a nice history, bios, or other research into the ever changing lore of swamp creatures in comics but it had nothing of the sort (only a short introduction about how much the author likes swamp creatures, and the rest of the book just reprints a bunch of golden age comics).  

swamp.jpg.c9525b7823d8b3be2856f349d19da950.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

(only a short introduction about how much the author likes swamp creatures, and the rest of the book just reprints a bunch of golden age comics).  

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761

I bought that book too.  It was disappointing that it didn’t have any comics history, but the reprints and cover are great in my opinion