• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Comments...why not?

2 posts in this topic

I have only submitted 10 books and out of those only 1 received any comments.  When I submit a high interest book like Amazing Spider-Man #300 and I get a 9.2 grade it seems like comments would be expected.  I can't imagine it would take more than a minute for the grader, whom I am sure is making notes as he goes, to add just a couple of notes to my comics grade.   If a comic looks like a 9.8 from a laymen such as myself it would be nice to know EXACTLY what brought that grade down just for future reference.  I would not consider sending in a book to be graded unless I thought it was a 9.0 or better and this info would help me a lot.  

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  I understand your frustration at not having graders notes on all of your books, however, graders notes are not a guaranteed part of the grading service.  Graders notes are an internal means of communication between the graders. Notes are made at the graders discretion, they are not guaranteed but are provided as a courtesy to paid members and dealers when available. Often times they may not be entirely comprehensive or give a 100% accurate description of the defects. Please keep this in mind and refrain from basing your judgement with our grading standards and procedures, solely on the Grader's Notes that are provided.

If you are only wanted books of a certain grade to go through, you might consider our pre-screen service.  This is a service that we offer for 25 books or more you can choose a minimum grade and our graders will go through and pull out any books they feel do not make that minimum and then we will only proceed with grading on those that do make the minimum.  You can find out more here: https://www.cgccomics.com/services/prescreen/

Thanks!