• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing
1 1

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, we should be able to at least minimize these issues if not press them out completely as long as the creases and spine stress do not break color.  You can find examples of what pressing can do on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/  If you are not sure if your book would be a good candidate for pressing, we do offer a screening service where you can have your book reviewed to see if our experts feel the book would benefit from pressing.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Thanks I just had a comic into pressing and it came back to yous and yous graded it. And put in the comments moderate creasing to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover? So if pressing would have gotting those out why didnt it happen with my comic? It wasnt curled or anything like that. I'm just trying to understand so that I don't make the same mistake twice. Paying for a service that doesn't help is a waste of money. Thanks for your time. Here is the Submission #3693639

I can't recall its been awhile since I've seen the book and didnt take any photos before sending off.Thanks I just had a comic into pressing and it came back to yous and yous graded it. And put in the comments moderate creasing to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover? So if pressing would have gotting those out why didnt it happen with my comic? It wasnt curled or anything like that. I'm just trying to understand so that I don't make the same mistake twice. Paying for a service that doesn't help is a waste of money. Thanks for your time. Here is the Submission #3693639

I sent in some books for pressing and grading, there is a $20 fee for the pressing but I chose the prescreen option. Will they press the books if pressing will not help the book and then charge me the $10 fee for prescreen? Not really sure this is the first time having something pressed.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Pre-screen and screening are different services.  Pre-screen is where we screen your books for a particular minimum grade.  There is a 25 book minimum for that service.  Screening is where we can screen a book to see if it would benefit from a service like pressing.  There is no minimum for that service.  Are you referring to pre-screen or screening?