• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man’s true value?
3 3

88 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Spider-Ham said:

Trust me, try not and think about it. I’ve lost enough sleep over it for the both of us. Lol

I will tell you a lot of them had the tops of the front cover cut off and a lot of them weren’t in the best shape if that makes you feel any better.

On a lighter note: I’m not a Superman or Batman collector but I will forever keep the ones pictured because of the cool memories that I have associated with them with my father. 

8DE3F625-0CAF-4F25-B553-17427860D6EA.jpeg

Love reading things like this -welcome aboard! It looks like you safely navigated the initiation process :)

-bc

7 minutes ago, Spider-Ham said:

Trust me, try not and think about it. I’ve lost enough sleep over it for the both of us. Lol

I will tell you a lot of them had the tops of the front cover cut off and a lot of them weren’t in the best shape if that makes you feel any better.

On a lighter note: I’m not a Superman or Batman collector but I will forever keep the ones pictured because of the cool memories that I have associated with them with my father. 

I can imagine!

Yeah that breaks my hear to think of all the books that were sent back for a 10c refund that are worth Thousands today! 

It's cool that you kept those books that remind you of your father! I think that's the type of nostalgia that keeps most of us interested here....

1 hour ago, Comics4All said:

Sadly, I wonder what kind of gems that were thrown out when they closed the comic shop! :(

The shop is in the background of that picture. The second floor, next to the banister is where the crime was committed. Lol

I actually think the shop was sold not too long after that newspaper article was published. It was named “Acres of Books”. 

99B6AA86-0726-49A7-B79F-66D73DEA8CC4.jpeg

Edited by Spider-Ham

2 hours ago, piper said:

I would recommend selling these via one of the three main comic auction houses (Comic Connect, Comic Link, or Heritage).  You might realize higher prices and usually with good books there's some flexibility with the seller's premium.

@Spider-Ham I would recommend selling them to me under market value! :devil:

9 hours ago, Spider-Ham said:

Those 3D books are awesome, but WTF is going on with that red thing they appear to be taped to? Please tell me you have those things properly stored and not displayed like a junior high science fair experiment. 

1 hour ago, Dave2739 said:

Those 3D books are awesome, but WTF is going on with that red thing they appear to be taped to? Please tell me you have those things properly stored and not displayed like a junior high science fair experiment. 

UV damage city.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:49 AM, FormerReader said:

Knows how to submit books for grading, but has no idea on the value of books? Hmmmm......

Exactly.  Dont spin me a babe in the woods narrative.  You know damn well what those books are worth, go back to ebay.

Spider-Ham 

I would also watch out for guys that come on to your thread and post meaningless advice with no real direction but to mimick other posters and then bait you into responding to them so they can report you.

My best advice is to decipher between those boardies and ones who actually want to give you advice with substance to you so you don't get taken advantage of if your actually being genuine in your ignorance

24 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

This isn't necessarily true. Alot of people send in books that the grading fees are more valuable then the book itself

And there is nothing wrong with that, but to have submitted these books for grading, he knows what they are worth.