• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Packages
1 1

16 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2020 at 2:36 PM, David Dissinger said:

Hi, I'm a newbie to CGC. I have several of the treat Pedigree Limited edition (80,000) WildC.A.T.S. and Youngblood packages from 1993.  Is there any significance to them? I am considering removing them from the package to have them graded. 

Dave

Are you grading because you like those books? If so, go for it.

The bags they come in were just packages they put together. Like multi packs

Are you grading them for value? A 9.8 Youngblood 1 sells for maybe $40. And I think Wild Cats is even less. So if you are selling, you would spend as much to grade, potentially, as you would get back from a sale. 

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

If left as is in the bag, someone might pony up $10-20 to have them in the bags. Maybe. 

Sorry I just find Youngblood and Wild Cats so terrible that even the thought of someone at CGC wasting their time grading them makes me sick. 

Have you ever read the first dozen or so issues of Wildcats?  I find them vastly superior to the gook that Mar vel and c was putting out, and light years ahead of anything else Image did at the time.

7 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

If left as is in the bag, someone might pony up $10-20 to have them in the bags. Maybe. 

Sorry I just find Youngblood and Wild Cats so terrible that even the thought of someone at CGC wasting their time grading them makes me sick

Sadly, this happens everyday.

I am a visual comic guy. My comics need to look good. 

You can smear a great novel in poo and underneath the poo, sure, there is a great novel. But you have to look at the poo ob every page, smell it, feel like its infecting you. That is how I feel with most 90s material because of the art. It turns me off to the point where I dont even bother. 

1 minute ago, HaDokKen said:

And then the book got even better with the Alan Moore/Travis Charest run. Have you actually read the book ComicGinger?

Nope. I am not gonna say the stories are bad because I have no idea. But the artwork I cannot stand. And because comics are a visual medium for me, I have to at least be intrigued by the art to get into it. 

1 minute ago, HaDokKen said:

Then I'd say you definitely haven't read the Moore/Travest run, his art is amazing.

I am familiar with it. That style with borderline anime-esque faces and typical nineties flash turns me off. All of it. 

I can get behind McFarlane and to a slight degree, Bagley. I hate Jim Lee and think he is terrible but I realize I am in the minority there. He obviously has lots of fans. I just am not one. 

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I am familiar with it. That style with borderline anime-esque faces and typical nineties flash turns me off. All of it. 

I can get behind McFarlane and to a slight degree, Bagley. I hate Jim Lee and think he is terrible but I realize I am in the minority there. He obviously has lots of fans. I just am not one. 

:banana:

:cry:

47 minutes ago, HaDokKen said:

Anime faces? Are you sure we're talking about the same guy?

http://travischarestart.com/covers-dc-wildstorm

It is. It's art but not art that excites me. 

It's okay if you like it, I am not here to debate lol. That is fine. I find that appalling and would not read a comic with that as the artwork every time. Just like I would not read or pay for something by Jim Lee or Rob Liefeld or Ramos or a large number of artists. Art is subjective hence the variety and hence why anyone can find a comic they love. 

Edited by comicginger1789

The Cgc employees get paid to grade books, so they’re probably happy to grade the drek, that’s good money

19 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I hate Jim Lee and think he is terrible but I realize I am in the minority there.

I don't hate his work but I also don't understand the overwhelming love it gets. 

As far as Charest is concerned, I no longer care for his 90s stuff very much but his work on Spacegirl is very good >> http://travischarestart.com/spacegirl-vol-1

Edited by Jeffro.