• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where exactly do I send the cards?

6 posts in this topic

I've never sent in any cards so I'm making sure I'm doing this correctly. 

I filled out an online form and paid. I will include this in my box when sending. 

Do I simply just send through USPS to 
CGC
PO Box 4738
Sarasota, FL 34230

Do I need to include anything other than the cards themselves (with the proper packaging) and the packing slip?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Mosstastic_22 said:

I've never sent in any cards so I'm making sure I'm doing this correctly. 

I filled out an online form and paid. I will include this in my box when sending. 

Do I simply just send through USPS to 
CGC
PO Box 4738
Sarasota, FL 34230

Do I need to include anything other than the cards themselves (with the proper packaging) and the packing slip?

Thanks

Hey! I’m not sure about the address you provide, but I always submit my Cards to the following address:

CGC Trading Cards

PO Box 4701

Sarasota, FL 34230

I’ve never had an issue with that address. I’ve even sent registered mail to that address and everything has been received fine. As for submitting the cards themselves, I have been using semi rigid card holders by GEM shields (can buy from Amazon for pretty cheap compared to other types) to protect the cards. I also put the card itself in a penny sleeve before putting it in the rigid card holder. After that I stack the cards together in the order based on my submission form then I wrap the cards in their cases lightly with some plastic wrap for good measure (probably overkill but if the shipping package gets water damaged I want to take extra precaution with the cards). Then I place a piece of cardboard on the front and back of the cards and then secure it slightly snug with rubber bands. I also secure a packing slip to the stack of cards with the rubber bands I use. After that I put everything in a box small enough for the size of the stack of cards I am submitting and then make sure the cards don’t jostle when being shipped or handled via a small shake test. If they move around on the inside of the box when I lightly shake it, I pack more bubble wrap or paper in the box to prevent movement of the cards during transit. Secure the box (I tape all edges to prevent any potential water damage) and adhere a label and then it’s off to the post office as normal to get the cards shipped out. Make sure you mark the outside of the box if you use the express or walkthrough tiers since this lets CGC know to take action on those first. That’s pretty much it in a nutshell... kinda long winded, but I hope this helps and best of luck with the grading!

5 hours ago, Mosstastic_22 said:

Awesome -- much appreciated. 

So you will actually stack your cards back to back if you're submitting multiples and only one set of cardboard ends? or are you putting piece of cardboard between each one?

I put all my cards into card savers, then pack them all stacked together with bubble wrap. If its a small pile of cards, I will put card board on each end of the stack. You don't need to put a piece of cardboard between each card. 

13 hours ago, Mosstastic_22 said:

Awesome -- much appreciated. 

So you will actually stack your cards back to back if you're submitting multiples and only one set of cardboard ends? or are you putting piece of cardboard between each one?

Like @EdisonS said, you only need to do "bookends" with the cardboard. No need to put a piece in between each card. I attached a picture of how I submitted my last order. Notice I have 2 separate tier types. Not sure if CGC likes it this way but I feel it helps sort the cards. Also you will see I rubberband the cardboard AND a packing slip to each stack on top of adding in one for the entire order itself.  Last, to give an idea of turnaround times. The 27 Economy was received by CGC on 25 Oct 2020 and done grading and shipped back as of today (28 Oct 2020) - that's a 5 day turnaround! There is no way competitors can match that level of speed and quality! CGC for the WIN!

IMG_9155.JPG