• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The sketch may be Robert Crumb but I could not recognize the signature

48 posts in this topic

It looked like Robert Crumb's sketch on the graphic paper but I can't tell who signed on that paper.

I am helping my friend to find out about that name and I need you to authenticate Robert's sketch.

Thanks for your helps.

image.thumb.png.6f9540da848a0a2f5f987d69feb56a98.png

Edited by JollyComics

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

It looked like Robert Crumb's sketch on the graphic paper but I can't tell who signed on that paper.

I am helping my friend to find out about that name and I need you to authenticate Robert's sketch.

Thanks for your helps.

image.thumb.png.6f9540da848a0a2f5f987d69feb56a98.png

Acid blotter paper signed by who knows who.  Not OA.

https://www.lofty.com/products/very-rare-janis-joplin-blotter-by-r-crumb-1-7drs1

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I don't know why the blotter was signed.  I googled for Tim T - something.  I tried to find the similar name whose he may play with Janis Joplin.  Found nothing.

8 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I don't know why the blotter was signed.  I googled for Tim T - something.  I tried to find the similar name whose he may play with Janis Joplin.  Found nothing.

The only thing I can think of is the blotter is 'live' and the chemist signed it-

19 minutes ago, John R said:

image.png.29a3fad096f22e27bd3678eb4f9eb36d.png

My dad told me about his experience of encountering three hippies in San Francisco in 1969.  On his business trip, he was on the way to the business meeting and was encountered by them. Told him why you are so stuffed and you need to let it go and join with us.  He passed and kept walking. He turned around. They told him...you are so lost. He kept walking and didn't look back.  20 years later, I strolled with my ex-girlfriend near Golden Gate Park and I noticed those people in 50 something sitting on Hippie Hill smoking joints with their older kids - my age! That was 25 years ago.  The legend is still going on.

Edited by JollyComics

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

My dad told me about his experience of encountering three hippies in San Francisco in 1969.  On his business trip, he was on the way to the business meeting and was encountered by them. Told him why you are so stuffed and you need to let it go and join with us.  He passed and kept walking. He turned around. They told him...you are so lost. He kept walking and didn't look back.  20 years later, I strolled with my ex-girlfriend near Golden Gate Park and I noticed those people in 50 something sitting on Hippie Hill smoking joints with their older kids - my age! That was 25 years ago.  The legend is still going on.

Our family went camping at Stinson beach in SF in 1968-we met some hippies and spent the day with them.  We also then had hippie neighbors and it was awesome.  The hippies back then were nothing like the hippies today-they were smart, and self sufficient.  They didnt want anything from anybody.