• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

silver age #1
2 2

47 posts in this topic

I’ve been fortunate enough to have owned all of them once, but in low grade.  I don’t have the ASM 1 anymore.  I guess what it boils down to is what character do you like more?  As far as an investment mindset goes, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.  

Personally speaking, if I could only have one, I’d choose Hulk.  He’s my favorite.

On 10/28/2020 at 3:47 PM, aleksicwon said:

Looks like it is between FF and Hulk . Yeah , that's where I am at as well . FF is a very important book but I like the Hulk cover better so probably will go with Hulk . 
Love all the Stan Lee/Kirby/Ditko stuff .

Really can’t go wrong with either.  Great choice!

I agree with everything that's been said. Get who you like the most.  Hulk 1 is a great great book!  Iconic cover. FF1 is incredibly important book and I love that cover too (it's the wallpaper on my phone).  X1 introduced the greatest villian of the 4. 

You really can't go wrong. 

Of those books,  ASM1 would be the lowest on my list only because I think of it as AF15s little brother. That said,  still a great book and Spider's importants  shouldn't be understated. 

1 hour ago, bpc3qh said:

X-Men 1 is my personal favorite, but they're all great. I do echo the sentiment that ASM 1 feels like the weakest of the bunch, but if it's your favorite, you should get it. For me, it would go: X-Men 1 > Hulk 1 > FF 1 > ASM 1.

Agreed. 

X-men 1 for me in highest grade possible. I would choose ASM 1 next because I don’t particularly care for Hulk or FF even though I appreciate their importance.