• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating RICK STARR
9 9

341 posts in this topic

I can only comment on how I would deal with it, and I've already stated that. I have also stated that a seller here a coupla years ago did a deal with me, then reneged and sold it for a higher price. It was discussed, people were outraged at the time but I walked away. Sure I was p**ssed, but I thought, people do what they gotta.

I strongly believe in karma. Actions have consequences. I let the universe even things out.

I must stress my opinions are totally unbiased. I have actually had more interaction with the buyer. I have never spoken to the seller to my knowledge in the eight numerical years I've been here.

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

Or the “right” people. 

I would actually like to see real repercussions for actions like this, but the seller is still free to buy and sell here while on the Probation List. 

According to Arch, a post can be made to warn people, if someone on the probation list is active in the marketplace.  

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

Huh? Didn't he just have a big sales thread? I don't understand what you are implying?

No sinister undertone. I guess I'm implying he may have more serious issues going on in his personal life. I don't know I'm just trying to give the guy some benefit of a doubt.

Why would he jeopardise his reputation? Something else must be at play. All this witchburning, mob mentality and pitchfork sharpening does nobody any good, at a time when we all should be coming together.

Just now, G G ® said:

No sinister undertone. I guess I'm implying he may have more serious issues going on in his personal life. I don't know I'm just trying to give the guy some benefit of a doubt.

Why would he jeopardise his reputation? Something else must be at play. All this witchburning, mob mentality and pitchfork sharpening does nobody any good, at a time when we all should be coming together.

Cut the mob jabs... What about ethics?

I thought :takeit: meant something around here...

On 10/28/2020 at 11:40 AM, wombat said:

Are you saying someone might put in their sales thread the right to change their mind after someone claims a book and that would be OK? That would be troubling. 

Think I will list that condition in my next sales thread and see if I sell anything :insane:

4 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I'm not tying to personally attack you, but you just seem to be constantly reaching for some reason why we should give the seller a break. And now you are just wildly speculating they he may have something going on in his personal life that is more important that completing this transaction. And if you really believe what you say about we should all be coming together then best course of action would be to not do anything that pulls us apart in the first place. 

Edited by wombat

3 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Why are you so desperate to justify what happened with some alternate reasoning when STARR's own words have already made it perfectly clear that this transaction fell apart due to seller's remorse, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:

Cut the mob jabs... What about ethics?

I thought :takeit: meant something around here...

The mob jabs are there because a lot of you are behaving like a mob. Frankly it's disgraceful behaviour and I'm surprised the mods haven't stepped in to stop it.

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

I'm not tying to personally attack you, but you just seem to be constantly reaching for some reason why we should give the seller a break. And now you are just wildly speculating they he may have something going on in his personal life that is more important that completing this transaction. And if you really believe what you say about we should all be coming together then best course of action would be to not do anything that pulls us apart in the first place. 

You asked me a question, and I answered it honestly.