• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating RICK STARR
9 9

341 posts in this topic

Is this the guy who voted No on Shoo bc of hope?

People have posted exponentially more to defend the seller than he has himself. Instead of speaking for him, let him speak for himself. And if he chooses not to, that’s how much he cares about his reputation, so why expend effort on his behalf?

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

People have posted exponentially more to defend the seller than he has himself. Instead of speaking for him, let him speak for himself. And if he chooses not to, that’s how much he cares about his reputation, so why expend effort on his behalf?

Denzel My Man GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

If you're referring to me, my only post in that thread was 'Freddie Starr ate my Hamster'. Look it up on the thread.

And the word Starr is pure coincidence with this thread I hasten to add.

Just now, Callaway29 said:

Just because the majority is on the opposing side of you doesn’t make the opposing side a mob.

I totally agree, but the behaviour of some individuals has been immature, purile and downright beneath the standards of what I would expect from some here. It beggars belief how the mods can bring down the hammer for the most trivial of reasons but choose to ignore certain despicable behaviours because no-one mentions a certain taboo subject. 

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

I totally agree, but the behaviour of some individuals has been immature, purile and downright beneath the standards of what I would expect from some here. It beggars belief how the mods can bring down the hammer for the most trivial of reasons but choose to ignore certain despicable behaviours because no-one mentions a certain taboo subject. 

Do you have examples of this purile behavior? 

And yes you lot (not all of you) are acting like a pack of wolves. A howling mob baying for blood. An insatiable lust for your perceived justice that must be satiated,

I'm not the person that coined the 'mob mentality' in this thread. Read thru 'it. But I agree with the sentiment. You guys really need to take a look at yourselves. With that I wish you a goodnight and happy witch burning. :insane:

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

And yes you lot (not all of you) are acting like a pack of wolves. A howling mob baying for blood. An insatiable lust for your perceived justice that must be satiated,

I'm not the person that coined the 'mob mentality' in this thread. Read thru 'it. But I agree with the sentiment. You guys really need to take a look at yourselves. With that I wish you a goodnight and happy witch burning. :insane:

Does this mean no examples?

22 minutes ago, manetteska said:

That was Wilbil - he went through great lengths to explain why. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 10/28/2020 at 3:19 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Agreed B ... just would be funny if the check showed up (that would seem to eliminate the 'timely payment' debate because it was not in the control of the buyer).  And he did offer other options to pay.  Seems to point to remorse for me, and I find the incident having intriguing parallels to the 'agamoto incident' last week.

If the seller does have seller’s remorse,  maybe he did receive the check and destroy it and claim he never received it? I don’t think the buyer sent it registered so there is no way to know if the seller received it or not other than his word, which at this point isn’t looking too good.

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
35 minutes ago, manetteska said:

That was Wilbil - he went through great lengths to explain why. 

I know. I was just getting serious contrarian / “not getting it” deja vu. 

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I know. I was just getting serious contrarian / “not getting it” deja vu. 

Oopsie 

Side note... anyone know a good contractor along the South Shore of Long Island... I really wanted to get this done... 

The problem I am having with the seller is the sort of lackadaisical attitude about receiving the check.  "Havent checked the mail today"  "The mail is slow lets give it more time" type posts and then suddenly out of the blue "I've decided to keep the book".  Not "I have waited and waited and keep checking the mail and no check I need payment by X or I am going to relist the book for sale".
That's the problem I'm having along with the "this will be my one and only post on the subject".