• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating RICK STARR
9 9

341 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

At $1900, the pricing was most definitely low on the 7.0 White.  There was a 7.5 OW with a small chip off the bottom right corner that was listed on HA around the time of the board sale.  Maybe that had something to do with the change of mind?

It just sold for...$4560.

So John's pull back just doubled in price, conservatively. 

I wondered about that myself. I also know the 7.5 belonged to a boardie who offered the book to me not long before this RS fiasco. He must be overjoyed with the auction results.

Edited by thewritestuff

On 11/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, Dr. Love said:

At $1900, the pricing was most definitely low on the 7.0 White.  There was a 7.5 OW with a small chip off the bottom right corner that was listed on HA around the time of the board sale.  Maybe that had something to do with the change of mind?

When was that book sold?

Tuff call all the way around, seller has a stand up rep. However I think the consensus is his response was really awful. I was surprised that it came from this seller as I have always thought of him as one of the stand up sellers on our forum, I think I even bought a AF 15 from him a few years ago. Honestly, if I/you were the buyer I/you would not be happy. Then to see the HA sale I/you would feel even worse. It may not effect the sellers future sales here on the boards ( he sells great books). In my opinion its just bad business to do on a forum that you sell on often & have made a lot of money on over the years. I am sure a little private communication between the two of them could resolve the matter in a positive way.

Edited by I am not Glenda

On 11/19/2020 at 5:56 PM, Dr. Love said:

Yes. Imagine that.

Wow...

So it took about three months for this:  "Actually, it is just as well for me because I have decided to keep the book. I know you aren't going to like it and, no I do not have another offer from another buyer. just looking at this great cover and asking myself, why did I decide to sell it in the first place."

To become this:  Actually, it is just as well for me because I have decided to keep the book. I know you aren't going to like it and, no I do not have another offer from another buyer. just looking at this great cover and asking myself, why did I decide to sell it for so little money in the first place.

I've only read the first page of this thread, but I already have to say...

a deal is a deal. 

If two parties agree in writing to a transaction, then it's too late to back out. You can't simply change your mind because the check doesn't show up in a couple of weeks. The buyer offered an alternative form of immediate payment. I side with the buyer on this and agree to the nomination, if this is still going on...