Nominating RICK STARR
9 9

333 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

At $1900, the pricing was most definitely low on the 7.0 White.  There was a 7.5 OW with a small chip off the bottom right corner that was listed on HA around the time of the board sale.  Maybe that had something to do with the change of mind?

It just sold for...$4560.

So John's pull back just doubled in price, conservatively. 

I wondered about that myself. I also know the 7.5 belonged to a boardie who offered the book to me not long before this RS fiasco. He must be overjoyed with the auction results.

 

Edited by thewritestuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, Dr. Love said:

At $1900, the pricing was most definitely low on the 7.0 White.  There was a 7.5 OW with a small chip off the bottom right corner that was listed on HA around the time of the board sale.  Maybe that had something to do with the change of mind?

It just sold for...$4560.

So John's pull back just doubled in price, conservatively. 

When was that book sold?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuff call all the way around, seller has a stand up rep. However I think the consensus is his response was really awful. I was surprised that it came from this seller as I have always thought of him as one of the stand up sellers on our forum, I think I even bought a AF 15 from him a few years ago. Honestly, if I/you were the buyer I/you would not be happy. Then to see the HA sale I/you would feel even worse. It may not effect the sellers future sales here on the boards ( he sells great books). In my opinion its just bad business to do on a forum that you sell on often & have made a lot of money on over the years. I am sure a little private communication between the two of them could resolve the matter in a positive way.

Edited by I am not Glenda
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2020 at 5:56 PM, Dr. Love said:

At $1900, the pricing was most definitely low on the 7.0 White.  There was a 7.5 OW with a small chip off the bottom right corner that was listed on HA around the time of the board sale.  Maybe that had something to do with the change of mind?

It just sold for...$4560.

So John's pull back just doubled in price, conservatively. 

Yes. Imagine that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, RICK STARR said:

Ok, this will be my only response to this thread.

 I decided I want to keep the book for myself and not because I got a better offer from a dealer.

 

 

 

hm

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...

So it took about three months for this:  "Actually, it is just as well for me because I have decided to keep the book. I know you aren't going to like it and, no I do not have another offer from another buyer. just looking at this great cover and asking myself, why did I decide to sell it in the first place."

To become this:  Actually, it is just as well for me because I have decided to keep the book. I know you aren't going to like it and, no I do not have another offer from another buyer. just looking at this great cover and asking myself, why did I decide to sell it for so little money in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only read the first page of this thread, but I already have to say...

a deal is a deal. 

If two parties agree in writing to a transaction, then it's too late to back out. You can't simply change your mind because the check doesn't show up in a couple of weeks. The buyer offered an alternative form of immediate payment. I side with the buyer on this and agree to the nomination, if this is still going on...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
9 9