• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating RICK STARR
9 9

341 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

(i.e. Mr. Reece would not want a tarnished rep because of this! 2c)

His reputation is not tarnished or under the microscope in any way.

This is just people wanting to pick at a scab.

If you were to buy off of ebay from someone who did exactly what RS did prior to him selling it, would you be culpable in any way? Of course not!

If the book is on consignment, then Greg needs to know or be alerted to it, but even then if he decided to sell it on RS' behalf, he still has done nothing wrong.

People need to move on.

2c

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

... he shouldn't even be at risk of that. Those who know him may wish to inform Greg ... but we shouldn't be insinuating that sort of thing without a lot of proof. This type of discussion, however, is what sets us apart from Facebook, etc. ... thank God. All I'm saying is we should tread carefully, and that ultimately, it was Rick's decision to make and he has faced the consequences. After that point, our rules no longer apply to his books offered elsewhere. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

+1

It in no way is a remark on Reece in any capacity.   

If there is any sales thread from Rick Starr in the future, given the precedent set in the past @thehumantorch, and unless anything has changed, it is permissible for ONE post to be made mention of in someone's sales thread that the seller is currently on the HOS List or Probation list without it being considered thread crapping along with a link to the issue. 

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

If there is any sales thread from Rick Starr in the future, given the precedent set in the past @thehumantorch, and unless anything has changed, it is permissible for ONE post to be made mention of in someone's sales thread that the seller is currently on the HOS List or Probation list without it being considered thread crapping along with a link to the issue. 

Ask long as this isn’t special treatment... Not sure what typical protocol is...?

Edited by Callaway29

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Yes, I’ve seen such “informational” post in sales threads before

8 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Asking long as this isn’t special treatment... Not sure what typical protocol is...?

As far as Greg?  That's not special treatment at all. How would Austin or Greg know what is going on?

As far as announcing it in a thread?  Arch had made it clear during the a certain member's incident that it was permissible to announce in a seller's thread or if a buyer appears to claim something that announcing that the seller or buyer was on the HOS / Probation List was acceptable.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

As far as Greg?  That's not special treatment at all. How would Austin or Greg know what is going on?

As far as announcing it in a thread?  Arch had made it clear during the a certain member's incident that it was permissible to announce in a seller's thread or if a buyer appears to claim something that announcing that the seller or buyer was on the HOS / Probation List was acceptable.

I had a typo + perhaps was not clear. I 100% agree Reece is immune from this whole situation... Also agree his future sales threads are fair game for a disclaimer by a good samaritan. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

This was brought up when someone was following a probation/HoS member from thread to thread bringing up his status.   Moderation action was taken, and the person doing the posting started a thread about it.  Arch chimed in and said 1 post could be made about  a users status, in the marketplace areas only.  

2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

This was brought up when someone was following a probation/HoS member from thread to thread bringing up his status.   Moderation action was taken, and the person doing the posting started a thread about it.  Arch chimed in and said 1 post could be made about  a users status, in the marketplace areas only.  

Arch did say one mention, but I thought it was to be made in the thread itself.   So if I was on the probation list you would be able to make mention of it in my sales thread but any subsequent posts would be considered trolling. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Arch did say one mention, but I thought it was to be made in the thread itself.   So if I was on the probation list you would be able to make mention of it in my sales thread but any subsequent posts would be considered trolling. 

Yes.  Sales or WTB threads.  

Edit:  Buyer or seller.

Edited by comicdonna

I have been super busy with personal stuff, but just read this whole debacle. Really sad how people change their tune when money is involved but we've all seen it before. Also lots of " assumptions " being made here but it looks pretty cut and dry.

Greg Reece? I doubt he's even read this story, and maybe he has. This guy is one of the best to deal with, period. I've bought quite a few books from him in Chicago through the years and never had anything but good transactions with him.

I just got done reading the thread and a situation that was seemingly just "bad form" and probation list worthy seems to have become completely retched and deplorable on the part of the seller. I feel awful for @thewritestuff . 

No amount of money is worth flushing your reputation down the toilet like this. Gross.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I can get behind that as well, Jimmers, but I think the spirit of Hudson's original post was precisely what you noted in the last line (i.e. Mr. Reece would not want a tarnished rep because of this! 2c)

Calling Jimbo Jimmers?! :whatthe:

I was here and I didn't even know it!All this sad reading,this thread,your issue...I need to go read some comics

1 minute ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

That should be what it's all about, right ... Piner? :roflmao::baiting:

As long as you don't call me porcine or late for the prevert party! :banana:

And yes,spending the last few months reading about ten comics a day...living the dream :cloud9:

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

As long as you don't call me porcine or late for the prevert party! :banana:

OMG.. I just had a flashback to the bleachers in the old Yankee Stadium   I know @jaybuck43 will know this reference.

KNOCK KNOCK!!! 

Who's there?

Bernie Williams!

Bernie Williams WHO?

Bernie Williams is never late for the gang bang ! da da ... da da da da da daaaaaaaa.... 

when he was younger and in his prime, he used to gang bang all the time!

(And then Bernie would turn around and smile) lol 

But, "Box seat jerk <spoons> never go to the gang bang" and neither do, "Stupid <spoon> Red Sox fans"

BTW: The younger members here have no idea how great the word 'spoon' was when you would curse and the system autocorrected it.