• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kellyssuperheroes (Ebay seller)

44 posts in this topic

I'm sorry friends, if this is the wrong spot to ask. I don't want to step on the ebay seller toes here.

Does anyone have any familiarity with this seller? He/she has 100% seller rating and has some raw silver/bronze age books in staggering condition. Really almost too good. There is one I submitted a bid on to open a dialogue. It's inexpensive. I don't mind buying raw I just want to be certain they are not restoration sellers. These books are REALLY nice for the age. Thanks for any info you may have.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kellyssuperheroes?_trksid=p2055359.m2763.l2754

On 10/28/2020 at 10:55 AM, steveinthecity said:

That’s Robojo/bijoubaby I believe.  There’s multiple threads here warning to steer clear of this seller.

Look at the Daredevil #1 the seller currently has listed...  listing headline: "

Daredevil #1 NM- 9.2 OW pages 1964 Marvel 1st Daredevil & origin

at the very bottom of the item description (which is not easy to see on a mobile device) it states: 

7 hours ago, Toys Comics said:

Look at the Daredevil #1 the seller currently has listed...  listing headline: "

Daredevil #1 NM- 9.2 OW pages 1964 Marvel 1st Daredevil & origin

at the very bottom of the item description (which is not easy to see on a mobile device) it states: 

Slight color-touch, slightly trimmed, non-chemically cleaned and pressed. 

Edited by Randall Ries

On 10/28/2020 at 8:45 AM, Randall Ries said:

I'm sorry friends, if this is the wrong spot to ask. I don't want to step on the ebay seller toes here.

Does anyone have any familiarity with this seller? He/she has 100% seller rating and has some raw silver/bronze age books in staggering condition. Really almost too good. There is one I submitted a bid on to open a dialogue. It's inexpensive. I don't mind buying raw I just want to be certain they are not restoration sellers. These books are REALLY nice for the age. Thanks for any info you may have.

You should always ask yourself why someone would sell tons of high grade, valuable books, without getting them graded and leave money on the table.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:45 AM, Randall Ries said:

I'll sum it up by using this old adage: "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is..."   

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

You should always ask yourself why someone would sell tons of high grade, valuable books, without getting them graded and leave money on the table.

That's what I was doing and figured people here would know if the seller was a fraud or not. Turns out yes and no. He mentions restoration only as the last line in the listing. I'm sure eBay went up his shaft a couple of times after some complaints. Though that doesn't explain his 100% buyer satisfaction score.

3 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

That's what I was doing and figured people here would know if the seller was a fraud or not. Turns out yes and no. He mentions restoration only as the last line in the listing. I'm sure eBay went up his shaft a couple of times after some complaints. Though that doesn't explain his 100% buyer satisfaction score.

You would be surprised how easy it can be to keep this. By cancelling the auction a buyer can’t do feedback, and if the seller wins cases feedback also wouldn’t occur. There’s instances where if the seller is eBay crafty enough they can avoid bad feedback, but not be the best or most trustworthy sellers. I think this guy’s reputation speaks for itself.

10 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

You would be surprised how easy it can be to keep this. By cancelling the auction a buyer can’t do feedback, and if the seller wins cases feedback also wouldn’t occur. There’s instances where if the seller is eBay crafty enough they can avoid bad feedback, but not be the best or most trustworthy sellers. I think this guy’s reputation speaks for itself.

Yes. It seems to. As I peruse the books, I see they aren't moving. It's really sad to see all those books he basically destroyed trying to make a buck. We all would have been better off (seller included) if he had let them be and sold them as-is pre restoration.

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

Yes. It seems to. As I peruse the books, I see they aren't moving. It's really sad to see all those books he basically destroyed trying to make a buck. We all would have been better off (seller included) if he had let them be and sold them as-is pre restoration.

Unfortunately, some people will do anything to make a buck...

10 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Unfortunately, some people will do anything to make a buck...

Seems like the books are just sitting there. Not sure why people do what they do. It's ill conceived to trash books like that. Realistically, they were probably in half way decent shape to start with.

I see the Bat 227 that Adams drew all over has made its way to CLINK. A 9.6 for $10k? It hasn't sold anywhere else and it's been 4 sale everywhere and for a long time. My free advice is to cut bait. Put it up for auction and walk away from it. No one serious about buying high grade BLACK COVERS is going to touch it. Ah well. Makes me crabby to see high grade books getting defaced like that.

8 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Seems like the books are just sitting there. Not sure why people do what they do. It's ill conceived to trash books like that. Realistically, they were probably in half way decent shape to start with.

I see the Bat 227 that Adams drew all over has made its way to CLINK. A 9.6 for $10k? It hasn't sold anywhere else and it's been 4 sale everywhere and for a long time. My free advice is to cut bait. Put it up for auction and walk away from it. No one serious about buying high grade BLACK COVERS is going to touch it. Ah well. Makes me crabby to see high grade books getting defaced like that.

I used to be super into the sig game. Would get Stan’s sig and others (Wein, Trimpe, etc...) on an abundance of Marvel keys for years at conventions and flip them. Don’t mind admitting it. Eventually though Stan’s signature got too expensive and I kind of joined the other side, not liking sigs on books anymore. So I’m pretty much with you now. Also I’ve noticed it doesn’t necessarily add a premium all the time and can be a cr** shoot, especially in no reserve auction. Yet, there’s obviously a massive niche market for it so I get why people do it. My remaining signed comics are raw and just for me.

Edited by LDarkseid1

7 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I understand completely. But on a slightly more positive note, it does increase the desirability of the copies that haven't been debased...  (shrug)

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I used to be super into the sig game. Would get Stan’s sig and others (Wein, Trimpe, etc...) on an abundance of Marvel keys for years at conventions and flip them. Don’t mind admitting it. Eventually though Stan’s signature got too expensive and I kind of joined the other side, not liking sigs on books anymore. So I’m pretty much with you now. Also I’ve noticed it doesn’t necessarily add a premium all the time and can be a cr** shoot, especially in no reserve auction. Yet, there’s obviously a massive niche market for it so I get why people do it. My remaining signed comics are raw and just for me.

Ah. Yes, I don't mind signatures. As long as they are placed well. The book I refer to has a Bat-cameo drawn in by Adams and a bat inked into the moon. One could argue "yeah but it's original art on a nm/m book." But that's part of the problem. A 9.6 black cover seems to be hard to come by. To each their own, but it would seem as though the seller is stuck with it at that price. Been 4 sale for awhile now. If someone buys it, they should really want to keep it.

Edited by Randall Ries