• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Launching New Website NY-Value.com
2 2

6 posts in this topic

After 2 years of selling on eBay I am now expanding to launching my new website

www.ny-value.com.

I'd love to hear some feedback from members on what you think of the site so far. Its a very simple site right now but I will keep adding improvements as time goes by.

Additionally, I'd like to start generating some sales so I am offering CGC members a 10% discount off $19.99 or more purchase.
(This offer expires Nov 30th and is limited to one use per customer.)

The discount code is CGC10 or use this link https://ny-value.com/discount/CGC10

Looking forward to hearing back from you

New NY Value Logo-2.jpg

Edited by cigars&comix

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

Looks good!  Just an fyi, I tried to zoom in on an image as prompted, but there is no zoom function.  Maybe just not enabled yet (?)

Thanks for replying!

No I dont have zoom yet. Im working on getting that feature very soon. For comics this is a key feature so i want to get the right app.

I tried the zoom, but it's awkward, imo.  If you use your mouse to pan around the edges of the comic, the mouse might drift out of the frame, causing it to un-zoom instantly.  Then back in at zoom magnification.  Hard to get the edge visible, so the image flickers back and forth.  Just as the perimeter appears, you fall off. 

It also feels like I'm looking through a porthole to see the full image close up, losing context, instead of just displaying a much larger full image.  I suspect someone is providing this function for you, but it's clunky.  If stuck with this method, recommend leaving a border on the photos, so there is some latitude to work the image into frame without losing the zoom.

2 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

I tried the zoom, but it's awkward, imo.  If you use your mouse to pan around the edges of the comic, the mouse might drift out of the frame, causing it to un-zoom instantly.  Then back in at zoom magnification.  Hard to get the edge visible, so the image flickers back and forth.  Just as the perimeter appears, you fall off. 

It also feels like I'm looking through a porthole to see the full image close up, losing context, instead of just displaying a much larger full image.  I suspect someone is providing this function for you, but it's clunky.  If stuck with this method, recommend leaving a border on the photos, so there is some latitude to work the image into frame without losing the zoom.

thanks - its actually a zoom feature thats free and included in my shopify theme. they do have paid zoom apps, which probably do a better job. Thanks for the input. I will probably invest in something better at some point once I get some sales going.