• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inconsistencies with cgc
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I have a Max 1/2 that does not have any foil printing on the cover. They labeled it manufacturer error without purple foil logo and in the census they put this book in with the other comics that do have a purple foil logo. My first problem with this is how do they know it's the purple foil logo? when there are four versions of this comic book purple foil, gold foil, blue foil, and a red foil. my comic does not have any foil on the cover whatsoever. My second problem is why they didn't put it in its own category labeling it Max 1/2 with no foil logo. I've seen other comic books with a similar manufacturing error like venom lethal protector number one . It has an error with a black cover (missing the foil on the cover) and also one with a white cover (also missing foil on the cover). They are both put in their own category in the census and not mixed in with the original venom lethal protector number one with the red foil cover. I guess I don't understand why they would do it for one book and not another. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me. the first time I sent this book in they didn't even acknowledge that the foil was missing on the cover at all. It all just seems very inconsistent to me I would think that all the greater should be on the same page when grading comic books.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:37 PM, Airmomo said:

I have a Max 1/2 that does not have any foil printing on the cover. They labeled it manufacturer error without purple foil logo and in the census they put this book in with the other comics that do have a purple foil logo. My first problem with this is how do they know it's the purple foil logo? when there are four versions of this comic book purple foil, gold foil, blue foil, and a red foil. my comic does not have any foil on the cover whatsoever. My second problem is why they didn't put it in its own category labeling it Max 1/2 with no foil logo. I've seen other comic books with a similar manufacturing error like venom lethal protector number one . It has an error with a black cover (missing the foil on the cover) and also one with a white cover (also missing foil on the cover). They are both put in their own category in the census and not mixed in with the original venom lethal protector number one with the red foil cover. I guess I don't understand why they would do it for one book and not another. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me. the first time I sent this book in they didn't even acknowledge that the foil was missing on the cover at all. It all just seems very inconsistent to me I would think that all the greater should be on the same page when grading comic books.

If the Maxx 1/2 error made as much money as the black Venom error, they probably would.