• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants #98 Clipped!
3 3

69 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

For some reason a certain musician comes to mind...

Singer from an 80’s Manchester band that as a solo performer semi regularly no shows his concerts if he’s just not into it?

On 10/29/2020 at 6:29 PM, Buzzetta said:

@The Lions Den will appreciate this one... 

I have heard... which in itself might be third hand information from who told me this, that someone once took a 1.0 copy of a book that was in rough shape with a notation of top edge trimmed with amateur CT that was seen around the top logo.  Since a blue .5 was worth more than a purple trimmed copy, the story goes that they tore off half of the cover on the book to eliminate the CT and trimmed edge top edge and resubmitted it as "remaindered." 

People do ridiculous stuff. 

On this note about ridiculous stuff, I found a sweet sister copy on Ebay,  for the Low Low price of $170! You could start a lowest/ugliest set on the census! 20201104_081736.jpg.9c8524f8eef5a7e37d41441172c6af93.jpg

On 10/29/2020 at 6:33 PM, joeypost said:

I’ve had people ask me to take sandpaper to the outside edge of a book that looked too perfect. Even before it was confirmed to have been trimmed. 

On 10/29/2020 at 8:40 PM, joeypost said:

I had one good one where a guy sends me 5-6 key books with detached centerfolds. Asks if I can "get them " attached again. I said only real way was to tape the tear around the staples, bu CGC will treat the book as if the tape wasn't there, resulting in the same grade and notes. 

He proceeds to say that I misunderstood him. He wanted me to remove the centerfold, take the next wrap out. Put the centerfold back in out of order, and then the wrap where the centerfold should be. His reasoning...who follows the story or looks at page numbers. 

Needless to say I didn't do the work asked, but I did let CGC know of our conversation. 

Having these conversations just has me wanting to show them the door..1002516520_tenor(4).gif.69997a36f8c69f4622be13dd15ccba89.gif

Still,  really glad you not only said no, but made CGC aware of these conversations and intentions. :golfclap:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Dylan's gonna crack and resell this. Obviously, it's just an ugly 8.0.

Better watch yourself.:roflmao:  He is back to trolling these boards for ideas.   Besides if he does crack it you know he is going to try to press it and then it's  another case of popped staples. Although I believe he would more than likely be the one to buy the OPs book as trimming is not restoration. 

Just a few more of these and 20201102_150937.jpg.9b8e112b6a0c47567b6380df40f893c8.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Aside from moderator warnings, that's my favorite graphic to see around here!

Especially when it comes to threads about extreme alterations of books , or crazy requests to have extreme alterations done by someone else.(thumbsu