• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #300 Hype
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Would love to hear anyone's opinions about the current crazy price rise in ASM #300. Yes its a key modern issue which, could have been bought just a few months ago for $2000 for a 9.8. There are over a 1000 of them out there, 9.6's over 3000, 9.4's over 3500. With a 9.8 historically being the one to own, its $2000 price has prevailed for sometime and one which, I considered to be a good reflection of its true value.

The price has just gone through the roof. Yes, a second Venom movie is arriving but probably won't be released for many, many months under Covid-19 restrictions. Can this be the true reason ? This comic has never been under the radar and cannot have suddenly become a "must have it now" candidate. What the hell is going on ?

Any prospective seller sitting on his 9.8 needs to consider this: "Are there enough buyers out there willing to now pay big bucks for my comic when there are so many of them out there?"

Can we please get our feet back on the ground ?

Colin

4 minutes ago, Colin Nash said:

Would love to hear anyone's opinions about the current crazy price rise in ASM #300. Yes its a key modern issue which, could have been bought just a few months ago for $2000 for a 9.8. There are over a 1000 of them out there, 9.6's over 3000, 9.4's over 3500. With a 9.8 historically being the one to own, its $2000 price has prevailed for sometime and one which, I considered to be a good reflection of its true value.

The price has just gone through the roof. Yes, a second Venom movie is arriving but probably won't be released for many, many months under Covid-19 restrictions. Can this be the true reason ? This comic has never been under the radar and cannot have suddenly become a "must have it now" candidate. What the hell is going on ?

Any prospective seller sitting on his 9.8 needs to consider this: "Are there enough buyers out there willing to now pay big bucks for my comic when there are so many of them out there?"

Colin

I am not sure when this will crash, but it likely will.  Or it might not.(shrug)

Either way, I don't own an ASM 300, while I wish I did, I do no and will not at the current insane prices.  I wouldn't at the previous prices either.  Nearly 20k graded (just by CGC mind you), it is insane in the membrane!

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:
8 minutes ago, Colin Nash said:

love to hear anyone's opinions about the current crazy price rise in ASM #300. Yes its a key modern issue which, could have been bought just a few months ago for $2000 for a 9.8. There are over a 1000 of them out there, 9.6's over 3000, 9.4's over 3500. With a 9.8 historically being the one to own, its $2000 price has prevailed for sometime and one which, I considered to be a good reflection of its true value.

Colin

I am not sure when this will crash, but it likely will.  Or it might not.(shrug)

Either way, I don't own an ASM 300, while I wish I did, I do no and will not at the current insane prices.  I wouldn't at the previous prices either.  Nearly 20k graded (just by CGC mind you), it is insane in the membrane!

Insane in the brain! :tink:

Check out the copper forum, a many page thread discussing this topic

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Yes, Amazing Spider-Man #300 is no longer a Modern Age book, it's 32 years old! lol

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/470461-asm-300-heating-up/

Do you think I could sell a ASM #300 in 9.8 for $4200

And buy an xmen #1 in 1.8 for $4000?

5 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

X-Men #1 in a 9.8 is like an $85 book, you could buy a bunch: https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/156541

:baiting: (Hey, we are in the "modern" forum after all...)

To be continued.... till the next episode..... 

21 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Oh it will crash all right.  With over 1,000 available?  $2K "feels" about the right place for this book to be.  Comparing to Walking Dead #1 9.8 with 1,074 graded, despite softness in that franchise that book has help strong at about $2K.