• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Pokémon collector

4 posts in this topic

Hello I am a new Pokémon card collector and I am wondering if it would be smart to send in a couple cards to cgc. I’ve looked at all other grading services and this seems like it will be the best for me long term. I have a secret rare Salamander VMAX rainbow rare that I just pulled today as well as some other not as hyped cards, being grimmasnarl VMAX 115/189, Houndoom V 021/189, and Rhyperior V 095/189. I will submit photos of these and just want people’s opinions on whether or not I should send these cards in. Also how do I send them in and what price range would my cards go under. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Max hogan
I didn’t put other pictures

On 10/30/2020 at 1:36 AM, Max hogan said:

Hello I am a new Pokémon card collector and I am wondering if it would be smart to send in a couple cards to cgc. I’ve looked at all other grading services and this seems like it will be the best for me long term. I have a secret rare Salamander VMAX rainbow rare that I just pulled today as well as some other not as hyped cards, being grimmasnarl VMAX 115/189, Houndoom V 021/189, and Rhyperior V 095/189. I will submit photos of these and just want people’s opinions on whether or not I should send these cards in. Also how do I send them in and what price range would my cards go under. 

Hey friend, 

First of all congratulations on those pulls! Especially the rainbow rare, it's pretty cool!

My advice would be to keep these cards clean and protected, while you acquire more. For semi-valuable cards, it's only going to be cost effective for you to get them graded if you have 50 or more to grade at a time, at least in my opinion. CGC will allow you to submit any card under $100 in declared value as part of the "Bulk" tier, which is often going to be the best and cheapest way to get modern cards graded.

Hope this helps!