• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weekend Auction #10 Soft Ending Sun 8 PM with extended bidding
2 2

56 posts in this topic

This week returning SOFT Sunday 8 PM EST ENDING TIME AND EXTENDED BIDDING.  

Rules:

All books are returnable within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason. I try to give as many scans and pics to enable judgement of grade or detection of resto, but if you are not happy for any reason I have no problem with returns. Paypal, CK, or MO accepted. International buyers welcome if you can pay for shipping that includes tracking. If you are well known on the boards and international, your books will ship in a timely manner upon any form of payment. If you are international and unknown to me, you’ll either have to pay by CK or MO, or have a long-time ever-present boardie vouch for you directly to me.

Shipping costs are exact costs for US shipping however you want it shipped. Default shipping in US is USPS Priority mail Box. If you like, you can wait a week for the next auction to see if you win something else and combine shipping.  If shipping ends up being more than what you’re charged, I’ll refund the difference.

No bidders of ill-repute, yadda yadda yadda.

This auction will end 8 PM Eastern time Sunday night but bidding will be extended by 10 minutes for any bid coming in with time stamp of 7:59 (or earlier back to 7:50). Thereafter any additional bid extends the bidding another 10 minutes. Bids are valid up to and through 10 minutes after the last bid, e.g., if a bid comes in at 7:59 any bid with a time stamp of 8:09 or before is valid if it follows the $10 increment rule. If a book is subject to extended bidding and another bid comes in, say 8:05, the bidding then extends through 8:15. Please let me know if this requires additional clarity.

I will recap Sun night. I will set a BIN of $1500 for each book to conform with what I believe are the rules. BIN persists throughout auction unless someone hits the BIN.

If two people make the exact same dollar bid and bidding ends at 8 PM, the first poster wins. Any winning bid needs to be $10 or more greater than prior top bid, otherwise it is not valid.

There are 4 auctions, one for each book. Bidding starts at $1 for each book. Bid increments must be $10 minimum. Anything else that needs clarifying, feel free to alert me by post in this thread.

4 auctions books coming up in a few minutes.

This week's books:

1. Superman #36 CGC 7.5  Great Lois cover.

2. Jungle Comics #109 CGC 9.2 Rockford. Matt Baker. Only 1 9.4 in census that is higher, which I don’t believe is a pedigree. Really nice colors, my scanner doesn’t do it justice so I also uploaded an Iphone pic.

3. Haunt of Fear #26 4.0 Nice pages, tight at staples, two small tear right edge of fc, general wear on cover consistent with grade.

4. Fantastic Four Annual #1 1.8 Front cover detached. Back cover hanging on by bottom. It’s a huge book so not surprising the cover splits and detaches when these are well read.

Edited by whomerjay
HOF 26 not 27

Current Leaders:

1. Superman #36 CGC 7.5  Barth $300

2. Jungle Comics #109 CGC 9.2 Rockford. Matt Baker Comcav $200

3. Haunt of Fear #26 4.0 B2D327 $75

4. Fantastic Four Annual #1 1.8 Mike Murdock $30

FWIW I have a sale on in CA/MA that includes some Dave Stevens books:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/477831-mostly-copper-starting-with-dave-stevens/