• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sometimes I stress over things that shouldn't be stressed over.

9 posts in this topic

I recently submitted a few Wolverine Limited Series #1s that I purchased off the stands back in the 80s. When they went to SFG, I clicked on the submission number (SFG is when it becomes clickable) and noticed that they all said "Facsimile Edition". I contacted CS and Cynthia assured me that it would probably be corrected while being graded. (Note the word 'probably') This has happened to me a few times over the years and they have always been corrected before coming back to me. You'd think I'd learn not to stress over these things, but I can't seem not to. The little devil on my shoulder is saying CGC is poking me with a stick. :devil:

I'm not telling you this to antagonize you - more to get you ready.  CGC mislabeled items for me 10-15 times over the years when I submit on my own account and could track it. I always called or emailed them and clearly described what needed to be corrected.  About 25% of the time it actually got corrected.  I would hold onto them and give them back at WWChicago when a good chunk of the grading team was onsite and i could talk to them. 

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

I recently submitted a few Wolverine Limited Series #1s that I purchased off the stands back in the 80s. When they went to SFG, I clicked on the submission number (SFG is when it becomes clickable) and noticed that they all said "Facsimile Edition". I contacted CS and Cynthia assured me that it would probably be corrected while being graded. (Note the word 'probably') This has happened to me a few times over the years and they have always been corrected before coming back to me. You'd think I'd learn not to stress over these things, but I can't seem not to. The little devil on my shoulder is saying CGC is poking me with a stick. :devil:

From what I recall, the folks in receiving enter the invoice information into the system and whatever matches it will magically appear. This means that any "Wolverine Limited Series" titles that've been used previously (even if they're totally wrong) can very easily be selected by the receiving team. This information will remain incorrect unless someone else (like a grader) corrects it. You have reason to be concerned...

7 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

From what I recall, the folks in receiving enter the invoice information into the system and whatever matches it will magically appear. This means that any "Wolverine Limited Series" titles that've been used previously (even if they're totally wrong) can very easily be selected by the receiving team. This information will remain incorrect unless someone else (like a grader) corrects it. You have reason to be concerned...

#gulp