• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The All Female Avengers Movie or "She's Got Help!"
1 1

22 posts in this topic

if this happens, it will be a sad day for marvel. there's no reason they can't continue developing awesome female characters as they've done w valkyrie, captain marvel, scarlet witch, black widow, gamora, and others. but to do something like this would be blatant pandering. and pepper potts is in no way believeable as any kind of superhero.

I see no reason they cannot move towards this and then evolve again. I agree with www.alex that Pepper shouldn't be involved. But they have Scarlet Witch, new Black Widow, Captain Marvel, and are introducing Lady Thor and likely Shuri Black Panther. Add She-Hulk and there you go. It doesn't have to be solely female Avengers in the movie though since they can have a Dr Strange, Hawkeye and Banner there if they want and highlight the women in the big battle scenes and such. Or they canadd Riri Williams Iron man and Kate Bishop Hawkeye. 

In any event, I don't mind the focus on the women for a bit. Having young adult daughters may have influenced me.

I wish the success of Joker would lead to more solo movies, smaller special effects and more character driven that tell a story without worrying about the larger connection and all the time and effort that entails.

Edited by Bird
added word new

Marvel Studios won't do it. We might see some further version of an A-Force team (beyond Endgame) in a Captain Marvel movie or She-Hulk Disney+ show, but Disney isn't going to commit an Avengers-level budget to an all-female Avengers event movie. While it would definitely have appeal to a large segment of the audience, it wouldn't necessarily appeal to as large a segment of the audience as possible. Avengers movies have to be a little on the lowest common denominator side to make the big bucks, especially now. I'm not saying the next Avengers movie won't be much more diverse than the first Avengers movies, it's just not going to be all female. It will however be led by a female, namely Captain Marvel.

I don't think the Harley movie did well enough for marvel to get excited about this.

Though if they find the right combo, I think a funny lady buddy-duo movie would be pretty intriguing.  Valkeryie and anyone would be my first choice, and Pepper Potts and anybody would be last choice (though I honestly don't think we're at risk for that).  

Sorry, but I just don't see how Shuri (the actor playing her actually) could pull off being the Black Panther. She is just way too small and skinny to be believable as a fighter who is going to engage in hand-to-hand combat. With those stick figure arms, I doubt she could even beat the average 16 year old girl in a fight. Even Mantis looks like a real bruiser compared to Shuri.

shuri-revela-su-a-force.jpg

Edited by jharvey

2 hours ago, jharvey said:

Sorry, but I just don't see how Shuri (the actor playing her actually) could pull off being the Black Panther. She is just way too small and skinny to be believable as a fighter who is going to engage in hand-to-hand combat. With those stick figure arms, I doubt she could even beat the average 16 year old girl in a fight. Even Mantis looks like a real bruiser compared to Shuri.

shuri-revela-su-a-force.jpg

Secret stash of Heart shaped herb and a little Shuri tech = problem solved.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Please refresh my memory, how does it work then?

Leticia Wright is probably 80 lbs soaking wet. As we talked about before, there is no magical heart-shaped herb IRL that will make her a convincing combatant.

Her character never trained to be the Black Panther. The Black Panther is much more than an herb and a suit.

Not saying that she can't one day be, but there is no easy path that makes any sense for her to take up the mantle.

16 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Leticia Wright is probably 80 lbs soaking wet. As we talked about before, there is no magical heart-shaped herb IRL that will make her a convincing combatant.

Her character never trained to be the Black Panther. The Black Panther is much more than an herb and a suit.

Not saying that she can't one day be, but there is no easy path that makes any sense for her to take up the mantle.

Letitia Wright looks like she has more than enough combative spirit here.

79363307_letitiawright.thumb.jpg.9f71dc2007fe49b2c53e4546b3e233be.jpg

It wouldn't take much, maybe a few months of working out, for Wright to be as muscle toned as Zoe Saldana/Gamora.

We don't really know if Shuri has never trained. She could have been training in secret, like Princess Diana did away from the eyes of the Queen.

You're right, the Panther is more than herb and suit. It's combat skills, yes, but also mind. Shuri has one of the biggest minds in the MCU.

Shuri has been the Panther multiple times in the comics.

I think Marvel Studios will make it happen.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Letitia Wright looks like she has more than enough combative spirit here.

79363307_letitiawright.thumb.jpg.9f71dc2007fe49b2c53e4546b3e233be.jpg

It wouldn't take much, maybe a few months of working out, for Wright to be as muscle toned as Zoe Saldana/Gamora.

We don't really know if Shuri has never trained. She could have been training in secret, like Princess Diana did away from the eyes of the Queen.

You're right, the Panther is more than herb and suit. It's combat skills, yes, but also mind. Shuri has one of the biggest minds in the MCU.

Shuri has been the Panther multiple times in the comics.

I think Marvel Studios will make it happen.

Shuri got her ace whooped. She has a mind, like Tony Stark had. Not combat skills, like Cap had.

Marvel Studios would be dumb to go this route if they plan on releasing in 2022.

Also, I don't think you understand how much physical work it takes to train IRL. It's even more difficult when you're a twig with no fat to burn.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Shuri got her ace whooped. She has a mind, like Tony Stark had. Not combat skills, like Cap had.

Marvel Studios would be dumb to go this route if they plan on releasing in 2022.

Also, I don't think you understand how much physical work it takes to train IRL. It's even more difficult when you're a twig with no fat to burn.

I know how much it takes to train. And in Hollywood, they have professional trainers that can whip these million dollar actors into shape for a role relatively quickly. It's really just dedication and protein shakes. I wouldn't be suprised if Wright is light duty training already if she's past mourning.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I know how much it takes to train. And in Hollywood, they have professional trainers that can whip these million dollar actors into shape for a role relatively quickly. It's really just dedication and protein shakes. I wouldn't be suprised if Wright is light duty training already if she's past mourning.

ImmenseFelineBrownbutterfly-size_restric

28 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Of course Shuri can't take Killmonger in Panther mode. And I'm not saying Shuri was Panther ready in the first Panther movie. But since then, since the events of Endgame, she could have been training with Okoye or something. And...oh look...Letitia Wright already understands the dedication it takes to workout for a role...

601864399702_LetitiaWirghtworkout.thumb.JPG.4c9bc82e288cd997b973e4ed8feb759d.JPG

And Wright looks pretty toned in this photo, too. Certainly not much less than Zoe Saldana, whose character we've accepted as the most dangerous woman in the MCU galaxy.